Springfield SD Registration Day-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Springfield SD Registration Day-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, September 08, 2014 - 04:57 am:

Any idea what this is about?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, September 08, 2014 - 05:24 am:

I think it's about WW1 draft registration in 1917.
See this newspaper article written after registration day in South Dakota:
http://fre.stparchive.com/Archive/FRE/FRE06141917P07.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, September 08, 2014 - 05:28 am:

Here's the clip from the Freeman Courier june 14, 1917:
clip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, September 08, 2014 - 09:25 am:

The line seems to have all women. I think it's for women's voting. The 19th amendment was passed in 1920 giving women the right to vote.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, September 08, 2014 - 09:52 am:

I think Gary is on the right track. Whatever's going on, it's a ladies event.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration