Look Like Improved Ford Wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Look Like Improved Ford Wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 05:05 pm:

An email circulated years ago with all the air defense listening devices pre-radar. I think they were British.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 06:28 pm:

Bill Clinton's Sexophones?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 10:06 pm:

I remember seeing the top photo with a caption and I think I read about them in a book on WWII history. The ones in the top photo were Japanese to the best of my recollection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 10:11 pm:

Thought they looked like a musical instrument from a Dr. Seuss book... <grin>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 10:14 pm:

We call them war tubas. The tip is from japan. These were used for locating aircraft in the days just before radar. Some were used in WW1 as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_location

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 08:22 am:

I thought the same thing as Warren. :-)

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091201000906AAfd5iU

who_instruments

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 09:05 am:

Nobody cares that they used Model T wheels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 05:42 pm:

I thought so! They last pic looks a bit like 21" balloon tire wheels. The first 2 pics look like clinchers. But I defer to those better at identifying T parts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 07:16 pm:

I do find it odd that the Japanese used T wheels.Would they have ordered them from a US supplyer? I must admit this is the first time I ever saw 1 of these devices. Thanks Ricks for posting.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration