TT C cab Help needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: TT C cab Help needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 10:21 pm:

I just got a TT C cab I need pictures of the Top Wood and brackets. Can anyone help? Anyone near Iowa City have one that I could look at?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin Heim on Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 11:14 pm:

Here are a few of the underside and brackets. I have the roof off now getting ready for paint. I can get more pics tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Vagasky,Tucson on Friday, September 12, 2014 - 11:34 am:

Also note that Justins top has the original stowage clips for the side curtains. I reproduce all the hardware for the TT roof.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Friday, September 12, 2014 - 02:28 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Friday, September 12, 2014 - 02:52 pm:

If I may, please see:
http://www.modelt.org/mtfcivb/showthread.php/759-Constructing-a-commercial-body- on-a-Ford-frame

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Friday, September 12, 2014 - 09:45 pm:

Howdy Don,
How's the family? Hope you and wifey are coming to the T Party in San Angelo in a few weeks. That'll be the closest to Tucson . . . george

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Vagasky,Tucson on Friday, September 12, 2014 - 11:18 pm:

Geo,yes we will be there, wouldn't miss it for the world.
Looking forward to see you again.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 09:15 am:

Don and Sonny, I'll be bringing my TT. Will y'all be bringing yours?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Vagasky,Tucson on Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 02:08 pm:

Tony, I will be bringing my 26 Roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 02:39 pm:

Will ya all stop this chit-chat. Keep in on email. I want to hear about the C-Cab.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin Heim on Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 11:21 pm:

More pictures...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 11:53 pm:

Great pictures Justin. Thanks very much.
I think I have all the hardware plus an extra set of corner brackets for the front. just have to make the wood parts. The wood I have is in pretty bad shape but with your pictures I think it will work out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 08:05 am:

Here is how the hardware holds the C Cab side curtains in the wood frame (if you want to know).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin Heim on Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 08:09 am:

Anthony, are those side curtains original?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 08:12 am:

More pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 08:18 am:

There was only one very tattered side curtain with my TT when it came out of the PA barn in the early 70's. My dad had a couple made from the remnants using the old canvas material that he thought might be original. I dunno if it's original but it may be close. You are cordially invited to the T Party in San Angelo, TX the first week in October and you can see them. If it rains I may use them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 08:28 am:

there is a square piece of felt riveted to the back hardware.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 10:06 am:

You have very limited visibility out of the side curtains when they are installed on the doors!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin Heim on Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 10:45 am:

Thanks for the door curtain pictures. Texas is a little far for me to attend the T party but thanks for the invite.

Here are some pictures of the seat back. It is sparse to say the least. The fabric is held in place by a metal frame that crimps the edge welting in. I think that the cushioning consisted only of burlap and maybe a little filler material but I can't say for sure. The picture of the seat in the truck is what was left of the original. I purchased the top steel piece that crimps between the upper and lower body flange from Lang's. It is pretty close to the original but it is wider and will make the top of the seat extend about 1/2" further into the cab which will actually help me get a little more padding in. Thankfully, the cab looks better now! I don't have the seat bottoms but I plan on buying the springs new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 09:33 pm:

The TT C Cab and Closed Cab were made for the need of Fatman steering wheels. Nope, Tony, as ya'll are recognizing 100 year old Fords this year, I'm coming with the '14 runabout. So, in the year 2024 I might bring the C Cab. ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Monday, September 15, 2014 - 10:16 am:

The seats in my C Cab are very uncomfortable because the back cushion is so thin as you have already mentioned. I have used additional cushions behind my back to no avail. As Sonny mentioned, the steering wheel hits your tummy when you add to the back cushioning, which is makes it very uncomfortable when driving!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, September 15, 2014 - 04:02 pm:

Yep, the TT C-Cab and perhaps the closed cab too were made for a different kind of people. I plan to shorten the steering column which should help somewhat. Now the wheel will be lower and hit the legs. Change the angle of the column? Any good ideas to solve this problem?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Vagasky,Tucson on Monday, September 15, 2014 - 08:56 pm:

Since I may offend other forum members with "Chit Chat", I will post this with no comment.
ccab

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Vagasky,Tucson on Monday, September 15, 2014 - 08:59 pm:

Sorry image was too big, try later

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, September 15, 2014 - 09:31 pm:

Don - You won't offend me with chit chat. I value your opinions and look forward to what you have to say.

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Vagasky,Tucson on Monday, September 15, 2014 - 09:44 pm:

ccab

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 09:42 am:

I need one of the sliding fat man wheels. I assume you can still steer if it's slid up an inch or so?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 07:07 pm:

I think the *fat man* wheel (shown) will help getting seated, but driving is another story. Other types with the sliding mechanism (on rails) might have a chance, but awkward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 03:44 pm:

John, My TT was a closed cab truck but at 6'1" I had a hard time finding a comfortable position. My solution was to raise up the lower seat cushion about 4" since headroom was not an issue. That helped some.

I also recall seeing one truck where the owner moved the cowl away from the firewall by about 1 1/4" with a wood spacer, shaped and painted just like the the firewall. He must have changed the cab mounts and gas tank location but when I saw it, the change wasn't that obvious at all.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration