Looking at a1922 t coupe have a question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Looking at a1922 t coupe have a question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean on Friday, September 12, 2014 - 05:02 pm:

I am looking at a 1922 coupe its a Canadian car the doors open from the rear not the front is this right for 1922 not sure if its a true 22 thanks mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, September 12, 2014 - 06:04 pm:

If the car has a cowl vent it isn't a 22. I believe the 23-25 T Coupes had doors that opened from the rear and had the cowl vent. The U.S. cars were that way.

Maybe the Canadian T's were different from the U.S. cars with the way the doors opened.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, September 12, 2014 - 06:25 pm:

I thought that mid 1922 (Early '23 model year) was the year that the doors changed from front opening (suicide doors) to rear opening (standard doors). So if you have an early '22 it could have suicide doors and if it is late it could have standard doors.

Was that the time of the change?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, September 12, 2014 - 06:34 pm:

The change was in mid-'23, so all 22' and '23 model year Coupes would have the hinges at the back edge of the doors. The '24 model year began earlier than most.

I don't know anything about Canadian cars, so if they're different with respect to these features, all bets are off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Friday, September 12, 2014 - 07:42 pm:

My 1923 CANADIAN Coupe has Suicide Doors
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, September 12, 2014 - 07:45 pm:

Thanks for the correction. I was a year too early

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean on Friday, September 12, 2014 - 10:15 pm:

well going back tomorrow I will get the engine number and see where it goes from there thanks for the info mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, September 12, 2014 - 10:22 pm:

The 1922 model year ran a month later than usual, through August rather than July. Here's an explanation of model years: http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG90.html.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 08:26 am:

Steve -- Thanks for the correction. The '24 "Model Year" didn't begin any earlier than normal, but the '24 model cars began production before the '24 "model year." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 10:12 am:

Every 22-23 coupe I've seen has suicide doors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 10:32 am:

1923 coupe looks like this (1920 shown, not much difference):

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration