Maybe you remember that a few weeks ago I was making a new cover for this hole where the shower and kitchen sink drain after the old one collapsed.
While I'm waiting for some Model T parts to arrive, I got back to the project today.
It occurred to me that sometimes there's a foot or more of standing water in the hole, so I decided to install this old pump that's been sitting in my barn for years. Might as well use some of that water on the plants.
For a pump stand I used a ruined axle housing that had some of its backing plate cut off. A couple of pieces of angle iron and a few nuts and bolts made the mounting hardware. I didn't want to waste a good plug on the oil hole, so I cut a plug from a piece of hedge branch.
With the pump installed, all that remained was shoveling.
Next spring I'll plant hollyhocks and sunflowers.
One of the many ways junk T parts have been used.
It looks really "official" Steve!