Sort of OT, sort of not

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Sort of OT, sort of not
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, September 22, 2014 - 05:24 pm:

Maybe you remember that a few weeks ago I was making a new cover for this hole where the shower and kitchen sink drain after the old one collapsed.

While I'm waiting for some Model T parts to arrive, I got back to the project today.

It occurred to me that sometimes there's a foot or more of standing water in the hole, so I decided to install this old pump that's been sitting in my barn for years. Might as well use some of that water on the plants.

For a pump stand I used a ruined axle housing that had some of its backing plate cut off. A couple of pieces of angle iron and a few nuts and bolts made the mounting hardware. I didn't want to waste a good plug on the oil hole, so I cut a plug from a piece of hedge branch.

With the pump installed, all that remained was shoveling.

Next spring I'll plant hollyhocks and sunflowers.

One of the many ways junk T parts have been used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, September 22, 2014 - 06:43 pm:

It looks really "official" Steve! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration