Carbide Gas Light Wrench ??? on e Bay????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Carbide Gas Light Wrench ??? on e Bay????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 08:14 pm:

Title reads "Brass Era Model T Ford Coil Box Switch Key and Carbide Gas Light Wrench"

What part is a wrench??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 08:18 pm:

Ross - I think they are referring to the square opening on the tail of the key used to open the valve on an acetylene tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 02:28 am:

I wondered if that might be it (square opening) just never heard of it for that use. I thought it was to hang from or add to a key ring / tab/??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 05:47 am:

Mike is correct, it was in fact for the valve on Carbide tanks which were available factory options (along with Weed Tire Chains) on Model T's through 1914.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 11:44 am:

Thanks Mike and Royce, learned something new today. Good T trivia question . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 12:03 pm:

Something like this?
Key

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 12:27 pm:

These were more common.

Rich

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration