Can you ID this Model T part?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Can you ID this Model T part?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 04:36 pm:

Actually, this is part of the part. The rest of it is still in there. We'll see who's the best detective.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 04:41 pm:

Looks like solder thrown out from an overheated generator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 04:48 pm:

Driveshaft bushing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 04:50 pm:

That was fast! Ed got it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 04:52 pm:

Steve, hope that doesn't represent a setback on your roadster rear axle rebuild!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 04:53 pm:

Well done, Ed. I learn something new here everyday.

Guess you'll need a new bushing, Steve. Not sure that one can be saved!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 05:32 pm:

A little re-shaping with a hammer and it will be as good as new :-) :-) :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 08:32 pm:

Steve, If you re use the bearing, remember to use Lock-tite so it will not come out again. I would re-use it because you have been having problems with the repro parts :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 03:44 am:

I was going to say generator too ,but ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 09:11 am:

I have a few n.o.s. babbit bushings left,Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration