Snow Flyer kit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Snow Flyer kit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 09:00 pm:

What is a Snow Flyer kit worth?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 09:10 pm:

whatever someone will pay for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 09:21 pm:

Thanks!! I'll write that down. I guess what I mean is has anyone seen any sold lately?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 09:56 pm:

Jason
It depends on the completeness and condition,
I've seen some that were so badly worn that there not workable and there are no replacement tracks or parts for the Snow Bird or Snow Flyer kits. A good complete kit in good condition I price at $3000.00 to $4000.00 and what ever it costs to get in your shop. There are replacement parts being made for the Snowmobile kits. You could use the Snowmobile tracks with a Snow Flyer or Snow Bird
kit Because after 1929 Snow Flyer and 1933 Arps made the replacement parts for all three units.

Bob

drawing by B F Arps 1926

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 10:03 pm:

Sorry Jason. Just being a little smart ass tonight. Good luck. I would think it would be worth a good chunk of change.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 10:09 pm:

Re manufactured parts, tracks, and other stuff like the skis at Hershey in 2012. Don't recall the name of the fellows selling these parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 10:09 pm:

I have the complete set from what I can see. All in good working condition. I came with the car that I recently inherited. Not much use for it here in Louisiana. Seems pretty popular though!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 10:11 pm:

I hear Tyrone. No worries. I stepped into that one!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 10:17 pm:

I'm trying to upload pics but having issues

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Thursday, October 02, 2014 - 09:06 am:

Jason, pictures have to be resized to under 194K to fit on the forum. A resolution of 150 dots per inch and a width of six inches works well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Thursday, October 02, 2014 - 11:36 am:

Dan
That was Brian Moriarty in N.H. There still available.

Jason
Are your tracks the type that would fit the lugged tires or not ???

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Thursday, October 02, 2014 - 02:39 pm:

I'm interested in your kit, will PM you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, October 02, 2014 - 03:42 pm:

Sent you a pm, last night. Check your email. Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Thursday, October 02, 2014 - 04:21 pm:

I will try to post and send pics when I get home this evening

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Nichols on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 11:29 am:

Does anyone have contact info for Brian Moriarty ?

Thanks a ka bunch!

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 01:26 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 01:27 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 01:28 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 01:29 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 01:29 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 05:11 pm:

Am I missing anything?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 06:03 pm:

Jason
Looks to me like you have a real cool piece. If I was younger I would be interested, but it is just too cold for me in the winter.

Just a question...What is the story about how it ended up in Louisiana?

good luck and I believe Bob McDonald gave you pretty accurate info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 06:41 pm:

My Uncle, by marriage, is from Minnesota. He inherited the car with the snow kit from his grandfather. My Uncle had the car and kit in in garage for 12yrs and never touched it. He kept complaining the car was in his way. So I took it off his hands. Kit came with it. Car I think, from a little research ,is a '26 speedster that was also used to commute. So it wasn't completely modified.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 01:42 am:

With much wider front tires instead of skis perhaps it could be used in a Louisiana swamp for some light offroad driving?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 10:17 am:

Ahhhh!!! Maybe!! Nah!!! I don't think so

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 10:49 am:

Check the Classifieds...."Hershey Spaces GDA 27-28-29" Mark Eyre has one listed he's taking to Hershey. He has a phone number listed, maybe he can be some help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 05:26 pm:

Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 11:44 pm:

Does anyone know how much the snow kit sold for at Hershey?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J Williams on Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 06:31 pm:

Will this kit fit a TT?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 09:54 pm:

This set of ski's at Hershey last week. This type allows the front wheels to be on the ground, and the ski's ride the snow too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Saturday, October 18, 2014 - 10:23 pm:

Looks similar to my kit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Granier on Saturday, October 18, 2014 - 10:25 pm:

Is that what it sold for?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration