Old Photo - Cecil Wisconsin, What is the car in the foreground?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Cecil Wisconsin, What is the car in the foreground?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 07:48 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 07:50 am:

Foreground-Duh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 08:20 am:

That's OK Herb..it's early! Looks like a T, yet the front fender and squared-off windshield don't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 08:44 am:

16-18 or so Chevy 490.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 09:04 am:

The rear end looks similar to a Model T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 09:15 am:

I could be wrong, but I thought Chevy's had springs running fore and aft on each axle end, not across them like Model T's? Is it a Maxwell?
Maybe it's a "Heinze 57" T?? LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 10:51 am:

Looks like it has large diameter brake drums. I suppose they could be RockyMountain, when were they introduced? I thought it was in the twenties...
The rear fenders have more shape than Model T, so I vote that it is not a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 10:59 am:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 11:09 am:

The 490 Chevys had quarter elliptical springs running fore and aft, but not extending past the axles, like in this picture originally posted by Ralph Ricks:

490 Chev

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 11:27 am:

Good picture Roger (and Ralph). I though Maxwell too but it's not a Maxwell rear end. Fenders and windshield are very similar.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 12:25 pm:

Every time I see that picture, I want to build a ridiculously low Model T speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 03:45 pm:

I used to have a lot of 490 junk it all looks right to me windshield to. need better pixs of rear springs. charley

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration