Duplex caruretor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Duplex caruretor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 05:30 pm:

I just got a Duplex improved carburetor. It looks like it had 2 choke plates at one time, but the inner is missing. Will it still work OK without the inner choke plate.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 08:51 pm:

There are 6-7 different so called Simmons carbs. I think this is one of them. It may not idle well without the second flapper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 10:18 am:

Jack can you recommend an easy way to make that flapper. I think they were pot metal maybe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 10:37 am:

Ken Edmundson was making them. You might try contacting him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 03:06 pm:

For the Simmons. Admittedly, I haven't tried this one yet. But it should be fairly easy to make the part out of a combination of brass and J B Weld. You would need to borrow a flapper to copy in order to get the balance right. A broken flapper would work as a pattern if you have one. The balance is important to the operation.
This was the option I was looking at several years ago, then something else came along. I have made quite a few small parts out of J B Weld by being creative.
Just my thought on the matter.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration