"Model T Carriage Lift"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: "Model T Carriage Lift"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger on Friday, October 10, 2014 - 01:13 pm:

Gents,

A friend of mine found this tool while cleaning out his family barn. He thought it was a "Model T carriage lift" (his words) and offered it to me for nothing if I want it. I haven't gone to see it yet, but was wondering if anyone here had seen such a contraption before and if it could in fact be confirmed as a useful tool for the Model T Ford.

Thanks,
Zach Dillinger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, October 10, 2014 - 02:22 pm:

I stopped using a chain fall. It always got in the way. Especially after a fresh paint job.

Here's my carriage lift. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, October 10, 2014 - 08:08 pm:

That reminds me of something used to move feed carriages in a dairy barn.
They would fill up a hopper and transport it along an overhead rail to where it was dumped in a trough.
But I have been wrong before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, October 10, 2014 - 08:59 pm:

Herb is somewhat correct.

It's part of a litter carrier from a barn. Also called a manure carrier or a manure trolley.

It's used to haul manure out of the barn so it can be dumped into the spreader.

It looks like the Louden Litter Carrier shown here:

http://www.jeffersoncountyiowa.com/barns/pp/ppmaasdam-litter.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, October 10, 2014 - 09:03 pm:

I guess I was somewhat wrong.
Close but no cigar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, October 10, 2014 - 09:40 pm:

Manure carrier huh, what a load of crap. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, October 10, 2014 - 09:44 pm:

it would still make a nice trolly system in your shop if you have enough ceiling clearance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 12:30 am:

Erik is correct... I grew up on a farm and 'it is what it is'!! If you find the bucket and trolley tracking to go along with it for your shop, you could haul away the B.S. too!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration