Clutch Spring Compression tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Clutch Spring Compression tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Memmelaar Jr on Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 08:08 pm:

Has anyone made or does someone make a clutch spring compression tool? My spring broke and the past times I have messed with this stuff it is always a pain. Someone has to have figured this out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 08:24 pm:

Do a search on the forum and there is several simple ideas you can use to make one and they do work great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 08:29 pm:

Yes, it does exist. I don't have it, but I've seen it. There are several home-made versions.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/453655.html?1403141785

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/340461.html?1360342118

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 08:29 pm:

I have a homemade one. It is nothing more then two wood boards and all thread with washers and nuts on. The center hole is drilled large enough to go around the spring and the all threads are on each side of center and I tighten down the threads to compress the spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 08:40 pm:

The one I use is the one that's listed on the post that's by Steve Jelf.
Its the one that Dan Treace recommended and made from extra T parts.

Works very well and easy to make. Compact in size and easy to store for future use.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration