Stover Burr Mill for Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Stover Burr Mill for Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Bosch on Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 10:46 pm:

there was a thread started for this Mill back in 2010. ( search: stover ) My father Richard purchased this from Matt about two years ago and was completed this spring. pictures were taken at the Hanley Falls MN Threshing show back in august. if you had a bunch of corn to grind back in the day this is the unit you should gave had. direct drive and 20 hp. it can mill. twice we threw in a 5 gallon pail of ear corn and she hardly slowed down. it really drew a crowd! here are some pics:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 11:07 pm:

This thing looks like a bear to drive. From the tires to the steering wheel to the seat, ... I'd hate to have to drive it very far !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Bosch on Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 11:20 pm:

Actually it does not move under its own power. The output shaft couples directly to the mill. No tube or driveshaft to the rear axle. The wood pole in the first pic by the front axle is the reach to pull it. The wood over the hopper is a safety precaution against flying cobs. He tried to replicate one from a brochure picture as close as he could .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 11:31 pm:

Here's the 2010 thread: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/147725.html?1277685651

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 02:28 pm:

Welcome to the forum, Adam.

Say hi to your father for me. I used to enjoy visiting with him when I was a truck driver and delivered freight to the shop that he worked at in Willmar. Since I switched careers, I only bump into him about once a year or so, at a swap meet or something.
Now that I'm an RN at a psych hospital, I'm sure he doesn't want to come see me at work. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson, Hector, Minnesota on Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 03:24 pm:

A little bit bigger view.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Bosch on Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 09:37 pm:

thanks for the re-size Lance!!! if only I could post a video???

Eric, i'll show him your post, maybe I'll get him to add his own comments....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Monday, October 20, 2014 - 08:48 am:

Adam, as far as I know you can't post a video on the forum, but you can certainly paste a link to a Youtube video on the forum, like this, here is a Steve Jelf video of his freshly rebuilt 1915 engine running (before freeze plug replacement).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od40VhON6MY&list=UUFVx528ORtpDgCPJXbFCA6w

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration