Winterize radiator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Winterize radiator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 01:18 pm:

I know there was a recent post about how to winterize the radiator but I can't seem to find it. I know I can drain the water completely or have a 50-50 mixture. What kind of antifreeze should I be creating the 50-50 mixture with?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 01:26 pm:

Green, ethylene glycol.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 01:31 pm:

Green. http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/485601.html?1413381842

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 01:38 pm:

How much "water" is left in the engine when you drain via the petcock? Is there still enough left in the engine to do damage during a hard freeze? I think there is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 01:40 pm:

Draining the water just promotes rust! You do not have to use a 50/50 mix. Look at the chart on the package for the lowest temp. in your area and mix to that level. I use the green.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 02:01 pm:

Thank you Steve, that is the exact article I was looking for.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration