Shipping Radius Rod

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Shipping Radius Rod
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 10:44 am:

How do I ship a front radius rod?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 10:59 am:

Use a piece of scrap wood and bolt it to the ears. Tag it or address the scrap wood and send fedex. They will take it like that. If you want to go one step further, stop by any store that sells appliances. They always have a cardboard dumpster out back, and will be glad to give you a couple of big pieces of cardboard. Wrap your wishbone , after you have braced it with scrap wood. Tag it and send it. We use fedex on anything we cannot send postal. No UPS headaches, , no UPS drama, AND we save money for our customers too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 11:07 am:

If you use UPS, wrap cardboard around the wood. They charge extra if they see wood. I found out the hard way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 11:14 am:

OK I've been looking at the rates. I have two early front radius rods that I would like to put on ebay, but is the $30 to $40 extra for shipping worth doing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 12:08 pm:

Why not post them on our ad page?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 12:47 pm:

I have used a box from a bicycle and just set the wish bone on the box and traced around it two times and left a little extra and taped the two pieces together and you have made yourself a box, takes ten minutes and who ever gets it won't mind paying for shipping as he needs what you have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 12:50 pm:

That's one reason I don't use UPS Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 01:18 pm:

"They charge extra if they see wood. I found out the hard way".

Steve Jelf, you're not referring to those ladies standing under the streetlight on the corner are you? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 03:31 pm:

DAve, HEY!! This is a FAMILY forum!! :-)
yes, wood boxing costs more, but if you wrap the wood with cardboard, no extra charge, and the extra weight (cardboard) is MUCH less than the wood surcharge.
Speaking of shipping odd stuff, I once had two early Dodge Bros. front fenders shipped to me, just wrapped partially with plastic & duct tape (via post office) the mail person wouldn't deliver them, I had to downtown to the Post Office and pick them up. The postal folks had a bet going on whether they were car parts or an art piece! BTW, didn't notice any metal damage from the shipping either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Kile on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 07:21 pm:

I had two model A front fenders shipped across the country by Greyhound for a third of what UPS wanted to charge. They were wrapped lightly in bubble wrap. It took longer than UPS and I had to go downtown to pick them up but it was very pleasant experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 08:54 pm:

I had a buddy who was all over shipping things Greyhound until they lost a pair of really nice '47 - '48 Ford car front fenders a few years back!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 10:18 pm:

Greyhound is the cheapest way to go, however when they received my wheels they never called. I called them numerous times, and was told no wheels. Finally I drove down there and they were on the shelf. They wanted to charge me storage since it took so long for me to come and get them. I got them to drop the storage charge!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration