Ruckstell shifer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Ruckstell shifer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike kolsrud on Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 02:05 pm:

does anyone know what year this is i have never seen one like it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 02:35 pm:

Ton truck shifter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 02:36 pm:

Ruckstell made an axle for model A's also. It could be for that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike kolsrud on Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 02:39 pm:

Are they rare i have never saw one like that ?
The shifters i have seen have always been the tapered ones like on the cars

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 05:43 pm:

I do not see them very often but I have seen them mounted in TT's. That is an "early" design much akin to the Hall-Scott shifter. Some, if not all of the 3 point mounting shifters are reverse of the later style in that forward is Ruckstell and back is Ford direct. Can you post a photo of the mounting end ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 07:38 pm:

That is a early Ruckstell "Bulldog" shifter. They are one piece steel, sometimes I find them in bronze and they polish up very nice. They mount the same as other shifters, with a square hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 10:03 pm:

Neat! Thanks for the picture and the identification

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Friday, November 14, 2014 - 07:04 am:

There must be something wrong with me, but I can't make much out of that photo. Nice pic of the box, however. I would actually like to see what it is. I tried blowing it up, but it is too low resolution.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike kolsrud on Friday, November 14, 2014 - 08:07 am:

this is what the mounts look like

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike kolsrud on Friday, November 14, 2014 - 09:34 am:

this is what the mounts look like

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Friday, November 14, 2014 - 03:09 pm:

Interested in selling it, Mike? Tmorsher@icloud.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Friday, November 14, 2014 - 05:15 pm:

Pretty sure the bronze or brass versions were reproductions made by Max Edmonds.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration