1913 Model T Fire Engine Scale drawings and pics

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1913 Model T Fire Engine Scale drawings and pics
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M Parsler on Friday, November 14, 2014 - 09:54 pm:

Hi,
I have made a couple of Model T's in glass - 3D scale replicas (plans courtesy of another glass craftsman). I now want to do some of my own design and am trying to find scale drawings and accurate photos to make a 1913 Fire Engine. I saw a thread from a couple of years ago, and hope one of those enthusiast can help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, November 15, 2014 - 07:52 am:

This may be the earlier post on a 1913 fire car conversion.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/146949.html?1277244825

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, November 15, 2014 - 08:01 am:

Those were some cool pictures Dan. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M Parsler on Saturday, November 15, 2014 - 09:23 pm:

Hi,
Those pics are awesome, thanx a million (I must have done a male look as I missed them in my search). I am coming to the conclusion that that there was no one official build, but different mods. I will just have to choose one I like. I have scale plans for circa 1914 Model T pickup - Does anyone know if I can use the same size chassis/engine housing, or was it a different wheel base?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, November 16, 2014 - 01:40 pm:

M. Parsler

Ford didn't make a factory T fire truck. But Ford sold thousands upon thousands of bare chassis. So all 1914 would be the same 100" car chassis, same engine, same everything.

Only after 1917 did Ford make a longer chassis, but that was the Ton Truck, used the same engine and front axle, but all frame and chassis and rear axle parts were very different than the car chassis.

Many companies around the world would have made fire apparatus to place on the Ford chassis, so you can find many styles and examples of fire 'trucks' on car chassis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M Parsler on Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 11:53 pm:

Hi,
Thanx a million, that explains loads. I couldn't figure out the different sizes I was seeing, but can now get down to designing one. Will use my standard chassis for "earlier" model, and If I can get my hands on drawings for a Ton truck, then can make a large one as well, which looks like more fun with accessories.
You guys have been extremely helpful for someone who doesn't even own a real one. Totally awesome.
Here's a pic of my first "Model T".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - 09:06 am:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration