Dash to "A" pillar rivets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Dash to "A" pillar rivets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark on Saturday, November 22, 2014 - 08:39 pm:

Does anyone know where I can get the rivets that hold the dash mount to the "A" pillar?

I have looked at Mac's, Lang's, and Snyders, and they have nothing listed for them. I believe they are 3/16 dia.

They are flat on the door jam side, domed on the back side. I don't know if I get flat ones and peen the back round. Or if I get round rivets and peen them flat.

Either way, it will be a real b**ch to get to the two top ones. The pillar is in the way.

Has anyone ever replaced these? Any hints as how to do them, I have never done this type of riveting before.

I had to change the mounts, to go with the replacement cowl. The dash mounts different with this one.

The rusty looking one is before I removed it, and before I removed the rust with electrolysis.

Now I need to rivet it back onto the "A" pillar on my body.

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark on Monday, November 24, 2014 - 08:52 pm:

Anyone know where to get the rivets?

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank on Monday, November 24, 2014 - 09:01 pm:

I have ordered rivets from www.hansonrivet.com in the past. They have about any conceivable rivet. They have a chart on their website to aid in proper length selection. They might have a blind rivet that could solve your access problem. I used a bunch of them building an airplane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank on Monday, November 24, 2014 - 09:07 pm:

Check Hanson for blind avdel structural rivets. They are available in flat heads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark on Friday, November 28, 2014 - 08:11 am:

Thanks for the lead. I will e-mail them.

Thanks, Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, November 28, 2014 - 08:41 am:

You might also try Jim Dix at Big Flats Rivets. He specializes in rivets for antique cars and is a fellow hobbyist.

http://bigflatsrivet.com

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration