What do I have here

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: What do I have here
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Drew Minyard on Friday, November 28, 2014 - 05:38 pm:

I have had this rolling frame for about 20 years. It was in the pasture when we bought the place. Can anyone tell me what it is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Friday, November 28, 2014 - 05:43 pm:

It's a 1926 or 1927 Model T frame with a Model A rear axle in it. Looks like the whole thing was used as a chassis for a farm wagon. Looks like the tongue is a made over T front axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Friday, November 28, 2014 - 05:44 pm:

If you look and the top left of the frame about 3 ft from the front you may see a number that would date it.
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Drew Minyard on Friday, November 28, 2014 - 07:45 pm:

Any idea of value? Wife wants it gone and I hate to scrap it if someone could use the parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, November 28, 2014 - 08:08 pm:

Farm wagon special. Folks used T frames over the years and made a lot of these.

Use to be common at farm auctions years ago. It got to the point they went for scrap when they wouldn't sell.

They come in all shapes and configurations that farmers would come up with.

Might go for around 100-200 at a swap meet since its a 26-27 frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Drew Minyard on Friday, November 28, 2014 - 08:35 pm:

Thanks for the info!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, November 28, 2014 - 10:07 pm:

"Wife wants it gone." Maybe that's why I never married.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Friday, November 28, 2014 - 10:24 pm:

They use to call them a Hoover Wagon, because no one could aford gasoline in those days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Monday, December 01, 2014 - 02:16 pm:

Looks like an A rear end in it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration