Can anyone help to ID the year?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Can anyone help to ID the year?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Monday, December 01, 2014 - 01:11 am:

I've had an ad in the MTFCA classifieds for what I believe to be a front axle for a '26 or '27. Had an interested party, but the forging marks didn't match those from his '26. This is the description of those forging marks I had provided him:

-On the front of the axle itself, spindle side of the driver/side spring perch, is a triangle with a capital letter 'F' inside.

-'Ford' script toward axle's center inside of the spring perch. (and continuing in the center direction)....

-'A(space)ARPS-1-' mirror-like to appear backward, as if it would be correct if possible to read from the rear of the axle.

-at about a third of the distance to axle's center is what looks like a 'head with drooping shoulders' part of a stick-man laying on his side. The 'arms' are open toward the center of the axle. I can't detect that some of the forging mark might be missing...

-In the center/front of the axle is what appears to be a capital 'H' laying on it's side.

Then on the rear side of the axle (from the passenger side):

-The triangle with a capital letter 'F', as was on the front of the axle.

-'Ford' script inside of and toward center of axle from perch location, as on front.

-(at about a third distance to center) is a number '5' backward/laying on it's side.

-In the center/rear is what looks like a capital 'X'.

-And a 'by the way', the distance between the inside of the spring perches is 33" (C to C spring bolt holes=34").

Help me to ID, please. Photos are in 'Classifieds'. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, December 01, 2014 - 08:05 am:

Here is a link to his photos in the classifieds. That may save someone some time finding them. See: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/482022.html?1416847224

In my case I got sided track looking at the tools for sale....

Respectfully added,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration