Axle Shaft Cage for R & R axle gear

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Axle Shaft Cage for R & R axle gear
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 08:29 pm:

Someone reminded me (and now I cannot find the original thread) to post a photo of the cage I use to replace axle gears to keep the axle straight in the press. I use a hub on the bottom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 08:32 pm:

Here's a link to the original thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/413052.html?1417283825

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 08:34 pm:

Thanks Mark !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 08:35 pm:

No problem, I also put a link to this thread in the earlier thread. Hope it doesn't drive the forum software crazy to have two threads with links to each other! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 08:54 pm:

How about some pictures to show how the cage works?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 10:12 pm:

Seems like a lot of work to fabricate something when all you need is a piece of square tubing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, December 05, 2014 - 06:33 am:

Had those materials about the shop - didn't have any square tubing.

I'll try and get a photo of the cage in my press but it just stands up with a Ford rear hub positioned on the arbor plates and the axle gear gets pressed on by the ram.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration