What Color Are The Hood Shelves on a 1911 T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: What Color Are The Hood Shelves on a 1911 T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Woolf on Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 08:57 pm:

What color should the hood shelves painted for a 1911 Model T if the car is painted blue?

Should they be blue also?

Jim Woolf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, December 05, 2014 - 01:32 am:

Jim-
They should be black, the same as the hood latches, springs and bolts.

That being said, on the original hood shelves on my 1911, I could not find one speck of paint! I stained them to match the firewall.

I figured I could paint them black anytime.

: ^ )
Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, December 05, 2014 - 08:46 am:

"The book" says they were all painted black, but as much as I want everything "correct" (and the book even says there's no such thing as a "correct" Model T anyway), I drew the line there on my '12 & '15...cars that beautiful NEED to have the hood shelf "au natural"!! I just re-finished them for the '12 with 4 coats of polyurethane gloss and wow, they look great if I do say so myself! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration