OT - Elio motors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Elio motors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland on Friday, December 05, 2014 - 06:15 pm:

Any you fellows saw this? I checked it out in Charlotte Nc mall today,86mpg over 90 percent made in U S A in the old Hummer plant in La. 6,800.
https://www.youtube.com/user/eliomotors
http://eliogenuine.eliomotors.com/?gclid=CjwKEAiAzIWkBRDO5LDEn8G1nAUSJADnHq_5xc- WXOaUjOgfGzdUe07wYijReoMxoq8O_7qufchlaRoC4Jzw_wcB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, December 05, 2014 - 06:38 pm:

Is that a Geo motor in that POS?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, December 05, 2014 - 06:51 pm:

I commute 140 miles roundtrip 5 days a week. I might ought to study up on that thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland on Friday, December 05, 2014 - 07:09 pm:

the one on display was geo,the rep said it would have a new design engine,with possible turbo as a option

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Friday, December 05, 2014 - 07:12 pm:

Looks like a Can-Am Spyder with an enclosed body plopped on it. Slightly snow sprinkled roads aren't really like driving on snowy roads. Put 8" of snow on that road and let's see how it does.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 02:32 pm:

The most baffling aspect of this "study" to me, is it's three wheel design. Why do the designers keep returning to this failed strategy? No three wheeled automobile has ever succeeded, Dymaxion, Robin, Messerschmidt all come to mind, but like a dog returning to it's vomit, these guy keep coming back. What am I missing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 02:51 pm:

I have to think that with today's advanced technology they have overcome the problems of the past. I think the main problem was that in the past a three wheel car was not able to tilt into a corner. I think they have put that technology into this car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 03:06 pm:

Ah yes, Will, The new gravitational force transducer technology... same technology as used in High speed fighter aircraft, allowing planes to make ninety degree turns at 700 MPH in 6 feet! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration