Heacock insurance

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Heacock insurance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Friday, December 05, 2014 - 09:33 pm:

In this months Hemmings, there is an add for this antique car insurance company. I submitted the required info and got a preliminary premium that is 70% of what I am paying now. While I am not unhappy with my insurance now, I was interested if anyone has ever heard of or done business with these folks. If it too good to be true, it usually is. But if I can save a few bucks, so be it. I keep saying I have a satisfactory company, but never having had a claim, I really don't know how good they are.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, December 05, 2014 - 11:33 pm:

Sounds like another Johnny come lately profiteer jumping into the fray.

Find out of they are licensed to offer insurance in your state. If so ask your insurance commis for the companies record. If that does not work, check with the insurance dept in the state where they are incorporated.

It would scare me to find a insurance company offering the same coverage at a 70% difference. There has to be a reason for that large a gap.
My guess would be poor claims, lack of service, or inferior underwriting, meaning no cash reserves to support potential claims.

I would suggest to use a main line company that has a proven claims record and plenty of reserves to support their clients. Its not what you pay for insurance, it was your insurance will pay you if you have a loss.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rex Pyles on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 06:19 am:

The company has an A+ rating by A.M. Best (A++ being the best). That means they have the means to meet the obligations owed to the insured based on reviews of their balance sheet, business profile and a comparison to other insurance companies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Bulick on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 08:27 am:

They have actually been around for quite sometime. I used to refer a lot of customers to them when I ran a classic car dealership in Florida. Customer service was always very good. Never got any negative feedback from anybody we referred. I only know of one person who had to file a claim, and they said it was handled well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 09:43 am:

Thanks for the replies and info. While I may not change, it is good to have options.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Hycner on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 09:55 am:

I have used them at times, customer service was good and rates were always low. They've been around for quite awhile. I think they advertised more to the muscle car era in the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 12:04 pm:

I tired to get a online quote but the web site only went to the 70's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 01:33 pm:

"70% of what I'm paying now" is a 30%
difference.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration