A Universal Dealership Sign - Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: A Universal Dealership Sign - Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Pankratow on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 10:54 am:

Just wondering if many of these big signs have been seen in museums or private collections. Sign measures 3 feet by 10 feet at the widest points and looks like the one in the photo submitted by Herb Iffrig on May 14th. This sign was found in Alberta, Canada this past summer. Photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 03:44 pm:

Nice! I have never seen one that large in person. Only a couple in photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 03:49 pm:

I bet that is worth some money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 03:55 pm:

I expect it's pretty rare. It's only in recent decades that the value of old signs has zoomed. Before that most people saw no value in such a thing and would have scrapped it or used it to patch a roof or cover a hole in a barn floor. It's the scarcity that makes them so high-priced today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 04:05 pm:

Neat find!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 05:27 pm:

Was at a auction nearly 15 years ago and there was the same sign on the end wall of the barn. A good friend of mine bought it for $400.00. This was the estate sale of Fred Louks in Aldergove BC Canada.

Fred collected 1909, 10 and 1911 T's and many other early brass era cars and parts. The prices were cheap overall and the best part was as Americans we paid with US money which at the time was 40% over the Canadian dollar. So everything we purchased was discounted 40%.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration