Can't find tack strips for sale.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Can't find tack strips for sale.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, December 08, 2014 - 05:45 pm:

Where can I buy tack strips for 15-20 touring body? I can only find them for 1914 and 23-27. Why don't the major parts stores carry tack strips for the other years? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, December 08, 2014 - 05:54 pm:

I ordered the plastic stuff from Fordwood and it was great. A little heat and I was able to easily form it to the seats for my speedster. It holds screws, staples and tacks just like wood or better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, December 08, 2014 - 07:57 pm:

Daniel,Jon Anderson also makes tack strips .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, December 08, 2014 - 09:09 pm:

Ok sounds good. I might get the plastic ones. Would a 14 tack rail fit onto the mid year bodies?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Monday, December 08, 2014 - 10:29 pm:

Daniel,
For my 15 touring tack strips, I bought a PVC "plank" and ripped it to size and used a heat gun to shape it, and a bunch of 2" C-clamps to hold it in place while it cooled. Then I drilled it and bolted it in place. The "handrails" were made from wood using Mel Miller's wood plans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Monday, December 08, 2014 - 11:20 pm:

i followed Mike's lead and ripped my own from a PVC plank from lowe's.

Easy to make, cheap and works very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Tuesday, December 09, 2014 - 01:01 am:

Woah that is a really good idea, and way cheaper that buying pre made ones! I'm going to try that!!! Thanks for the idea!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration