Safe removal of front spring?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Safe removal of front spring?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dwight Romberger on Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 02:22 pm:

Hi All,

I must remove one side of the front spring on my '26. The service manual states in paragraph 701: "Raise up the front end of the car with lifting hooks." Does that mean raise the car up (by the frame) until the wheels are off the ground or just until the weight of the body is off the the spring?

Thanks,
Dwight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 02:38 pm:

All that is needed is the weight of the car off the spring in order to remove the front spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dwight Romberger on Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 02:43 pm:

Thanks Mike. I will let you know how it turns out!
Dwight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 06:28 pm:

Block carefully! Work safe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 07:26 pm:

It is easier if you remove the wheels. Then you do not have to raise the frame as much to remove the spring.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration