How to install a "replacement" sun visor on a 27 Coupe.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: How to install a "replacement" sun visor on a 27 Coupe.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Monday, December 15, 2014 - 11:23 am:

This is my first Model T, a 1927 Coupe. I am trying to install a "replacement" sun visor.

I think the parts are actually for a Model A which can be adapted to the 26-27.

I would like to get some help from some of you who have installed this part.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Monday, December 15, 2014 - 12:11 pm:

Alby,

I've installed a visor on my 26 Tudor, Same A pillar I believe. There are 2 #10 screws on each side that screw into the A pillars, then I believe 9 wood screws that are screwed into the underside of the front top wood. Vendors sell a screw kit for mounting the visor which I found useful since it has the special washers for the screws included. https://www.modeltford.com/item/50537MK.aspx It helps to have a someone hold one side while you work on the other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Monday, December 15, 2014 - 02:46 pm:

Thanks

I did buy that kit from Lang's. But I can't figure out how to hold the fabric tight to the frame.

I also bought "corner brackets" pn 50537FB
https://www.modeltford.com/pl.aspx?t=s&v=50537fb&page=1.

I don't to know what to do with it and the folks at Lang's do not have any instructions.

Any help would be appreciated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Monday, December 15, 2014 - 02:50 pm:

John

I just looked at your car. I hope to have my sun visor look as good as yours. Your car is very nice

Alby

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Monday, December 15, 2014 - 02:53 pm:

Alby,
Here are some instructions for a Model A visor. You may also find this link helpful .

Regards John Page, Australia

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/216680.html?1308017692

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Monday, December 15, 2014 - 04:57 pm:

Thanks John That sure looks like what I need

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Harrison,Eatonville,Wa on Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - 03:43 pm:

Recently did this on my 27 Tudor.Got the visor and screws from Snyders with instructions.Only thing I did different was to put a thin layer of padding on the top and bottom of frame to make the fabric fit tight.Not that bad of a job. Easier th.an you expect

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration