Odd stamp on front crossmember

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Odd stamp on front crossmember
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Monday, December 15, 2014 - 12:48 pm:

While cleaning the rust off my replacement crossmember for the cracked one on my 19 touring car I found this stamp. What does it mean?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, December 15, 2014 - 12:57 pm:

Parish and Bingham

One of the frame suppliers for Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Monday, December 15, 2014 - 01:07 pm:

Interesting, Its amazing how many of the parts on the Model T's were farmed out to other makers. Kinda make me wonder how much of the car was actually made by Ford and what other parts were made by other suppliers. I know Dodge Brothers made some of the parts but thats all I knew about. Thanks Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, December 15, 2014 - 01:15 pm:

Will

Yes, Ford used outside suppliers just like today, but really did on the T, make most of the parts, unlike today's Fords.

But the frames were just easier to purchase outside as they needed millions of them!

Piles of T and TT frames

But that huge factory made most all the other parts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, December 15, 2014 - 02:43 pm:

That's the first P&B I've seen without the circle. The letters are different too--Wider.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Monday, December 15, 2014 - 03:08 pm:

My 16 coupelet has a small flag stamped on the rear cross member, passenger side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, December 15, 2014 - 07:02 pm:

A pennant style flag with MSC is Michigan Stamping Co.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration