OE style bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OE style bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 02:19 pm:

Just wondering if anyone knows a good source for OE style fender bolts and washers , the ones that bolt the fenders and splash aprons etc together . Thanks in advance .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 02:34 pm:

I got mine from R.V. Anderson:

RV Anderson Antique Auto Engineering
RV Anderson
3515 Route 62
Kennedy, NY 14747
716-267-3526
rvmodelt@netsync.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 09:42 pm:

Thanks sent them an email

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 09:45 am:

I was thinking Langs was now selling original style fender and running board/splash apron bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 10:07 am:

I checked langs last night and the picture they had showed hex style nuts , I'll have to call them. Thanks .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 10:09 am:

Yes, and I suspect R.V. is the source. He supplies a lot of correct hardware.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 11:14 am:

I believe you are referring to the splash shields. The splash apron is located beneath the radiator. Excluding the '26s, the rear fender to splash shield bolt is a round head slotted stove bolt, 1/4-20. This would be for the 23-25 models, and has a raven finish. The nut is a square nut, 1/2" across the flats, and it too is raven finished. The Ford Service book has a lot of photos showing this application. It is true that Randall makes the correct 5/16" carriage bolts for the fender to running boards, as well as the 1/4-20 special carriage bolts for the early models.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration