Old Photo - Car Wash A t Western & 11th In Los Angeles, 1925

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Car Wash A t Western & 11th In Los Angeles, 1925
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, December 24, 2014 - 10:02 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Wednesday, December 24, 2014 - 10:28 pm:

Hey, a bathing suit parade at the Venice with female Judges!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Wednesday, December 24, 2014 - 10:40 pm:

must have been late 25 as that's a 26 or 27 roadster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, December 25, 2014 - 07:43 am:

Charley,

The wire wheels on the Model T roadster help narrow it down just a little more to Jan 1926 or later for the car.

Ref: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/U-Z.htm#wheels Wire wheels, introduced in January 1926 in black only at first, then in several colors, became optional.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, December 25, 2014 - 07:59 am:

I'm confused (which isn't hard to do). The sign says $1.oo wash open...$1.50 closed. Are they referring to the style of car? They charge $.50 more for a hard top or enclosed car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Thursday, December 25, 2014 - 08:41 am:

Yeh Dennis...my first mili-second thought was, an extra 50 cents when the car wash is closed!?!...then I realized they meant Touring, vs. closed cars. LOL...but, ya know, $1 back then was quite a bit of money to have your car washed, I think. Cripes, if I work fast enough (which I can't anymore) I could do my car at the U-do-it for a buck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, December 25, 2014 - 10:32 am:

Debate about the year of the Roadster and the price of a car wash, I want to know more about the "Bathing Suit Parade".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, December 25, 2014 - 11:27 am:

Too late! You missed the parade by about 85 years!
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration