OT Stone Mountain, GA, Auto Museum.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT Stone Mountain, GA, Auto Museum.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Nichols on Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 02:33 pm:

I do not know if the Stone Mountain Auto Museum is still open or if it is closed down. Perhaps some one living close could go see. When I lived in Marietta, GA we used to go to Stone Mountain about 3 times a year and I always went to the Auto Museum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 02:36 pm:

There was an auction of the cars and furnishings in March 2009, so it is no longer open.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 04:35 pm:

I remember going thru the Museum a few years ago when I was racing the twin turbo Ford Hydro. I liked it. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 05:15 pm:

There was a 4cyl 34 Ford Roadster in there, very rare vehicle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Nichols on Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 07:28 pm:

I moved from GA in 2004 and had not been back there since then. I wonder what the TUCKER went for.

Thanks for responding so quickly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 08:02 pm:

I was a friend of Tommy Protsman the owner of the Stone Mountain Museum and visited often back in the sixties. As a matter of interest I followed Tommy while driving his 1916 T when he moved the Red and Black 1933 Ford 4 cylinder roadster from his house to the museum . As I recall Tommy purchased this car from a friend in New Jersey for less than 3000.00 restored. The rarity of this model according to Protsman was that roadsters were Delux Fords and had V8 engines. This car was an exception.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration