Bearings supplier From China

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Bearings supplier From China
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy Wang on Friday, October 24, 2014 - 11:18 pm:

Dear Sir or Madam
Thanks for your time to read my email. Glad to know you need bearings.
This is Andy from Shanghai Yiqiang Industrial Co.,Ltd
1 Our company can produce various bearings with superior quality and reasonable price.
1 we also resell famous brands bearings such as TIMKEN,KOYO, NSK, NTN, INA, FAG, SKF, IKO, NACHI and so on.
Looking forward to your cooperations in 2014.
Best Regards
Andy

Promotion for Famous Brands Bearings
andy Wong(Sales manager)
SHANGHAI YIQIANG INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD
Web:www.yq-bearing.com
Mop:86-18521308006 Email:bptbearing@gmail.com
philip@yq-bearing.com
FAX: +86-21-52907987
ADD:1201 room of 12 floor,18th Building, Putuo district Changde Road No.1258.Shanghai,China

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Friday, October 24, 2014 - 11:47 pm:

There are a zillion bearing suppliers in Asia and many knockoffs of well known names are offered - many illegally. I have no experience with the posted company but I get 2 or 3 emails a week like this posting from all parts of the "East" both near and far. The better bearings with reasonable pricing are offered by USA companies who have set up operations at the source and offer lines that are 100% tested and inspected to USA specifications and have excellent track records. Others - not so much. T people generally only shop by price so they can easily get trapped by that trait in this arena.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary White on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 12:36 am:

Spam. He sent me an email - after he lifted it from the classifieds.

If anyone else gets spammed by this guy, I suggest you sent google (gmail) a report; they typically suspend accounts that pull these sorts of shenanigans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 06:18 am:

I avoid Chinese manufactured parts, and specifically auto parts, if at all possible. It seems that consistent quality control is absent from way too many of their manufacturing processes. In the last couple of years since I have been keeping track, I estimate that somewhere around 30% of their parts are defective. It has gotten to the point where I wonder when I purchase stuff labelled "Made in China" if I am going to get good parts, or bad parts. It's too much of a crap shoot, so if it says "Made in China", I just avoid it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 10:19 am:

My experience with some China made parts is that the metals are soft and the machining is not precise. I recall a 5/8" diam bolt whose threads sheared off when I tried to back off the nut.
The bed on my Chinese mill drill binds at different places during the travel. On the other hand my Chinese lathe works flawlessly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 10:20 am:

Hard to avoid these days. I bet your house and garage are full of MiC products. :-)

I do know this; We need a new supplier for muffler bearings. The current bearings just don't fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Graham Lloyd on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 10:37 am:

One problem is sometimes you just can't get anything not made in China. My F350 diesel needed a new rad. The one installed by my mechanic started leaking around the seams. Plastic tanks clamped to the aluminum core separating. Re pressed and leaked again. Finally replaced it with a new one. Hopefully that is the end of it.

He told me that there are some new parts that mechanics know are probably going to fail. Chinese stuff. Rads for this truck are one of them. North American made ones don't exist. Even the ones in a Ford box have "Made in China" stamped on them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 12:04 pm:

I'm old enough to remember when Made in Japan meant cheap crap. Now Japanese industry turns out a lot of high quality goods. I expect China will make similar progress in manufacturing. But given the shoddy quality of some US made products I've bought in recent years, I'm afraid we may pass them going the other way. One example is the new Milgard windows I bought a couple of years ago. Good quality windows, but the screen clips are crappy little plastic things that soon break. I plan to make my own metal ones, but I shouldn't have to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 12:23 pm:

Steve, That looks like spider damage to me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 12:29 pm:

No, I think the spider is fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 01:06 pm:

Hey, Maybe Andy would like to take a shot at making some new Hyatt roller elements! The ROI might be a little long...but he would have the market cornered!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Nichols on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 04:04 pm:

Whoever it is who invites Andy to make muffler bearings, be sure to tell him they have to be waterproof. Mine were not waterproof and they rusted to the outer shell.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy Wang on Monday, October 27, 2014 - 12:15 am:

we also have good quality bearings. it depend on your need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy Wang on Monday, October 27, 2014 - 12:24 am:

it seems that no one like me here ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary White on Monday, October 27, 2014 - 01:35 am:

Andy, I don't think it's a matter of people "liking" you or not. I highly doubt anyone here has actually met you, so no such assessment can be made.

I will, however, speak to the issue of spam (uninvited solicitation) - I am fairly certain that it is not welcome here, just as it was not welcome in my email inbox.

Perhaps an introductory post or an ad in the classifieds would have yielded a more pleasant response.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Monday, October 27, 2014 - 02:19 am:

Maybe he can get bearings made. i'm not able to buy enough to make it worthwhile but if one of the suppliers is reading and needed 200 bearings it could be a useful post to them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Monday, October 27, 2014 - 10:05 am:

In reading the original post I see Andy Wang posted the information and Andy Wong is the sales manager.
Which Andy does one contact? I don't want to make a mistake and contact the Wong one :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Monday, October 27, 2014 - 01:16 pm:

Hi Bill,

The Chinese character for "Wang" and "Wong" is the same, and it is an extremely common family name in China. In Mandarin Chinese it is pronounced as "Wang", but in the southern most part of China, they speak Cantonese. There it is usually pronounced as "Wong".

Respectfully Submitted,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 27, 2014 - 01:26 pm:

I'm reminded of the old trick question: What is the most common family name? Of course Americans guess names like Smith, Johnson, Williams, etc., but the most common family name is Chang (or Chong, depending on who's writing it in English).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, October 27, 2014 - 02:21 pm:

With all due respect Andy, Model T Fords are not heavy users of modern bearings. With the exception of front wheel bearings, the majority of bearings used in the T are bronze bushings and the now obsolete Hyatt roller bearings.

It is quite likely that the disrespect you sense here is caused by your lack of "doing the homework" to understand our potential bearing requirements.

Please understand that you are always welcome on this site, but the bearing bonanza you may seek in probably not here.

If you are truly interested in The Model T Ford, I'm sure a ride in one can be arranged for your next visit to the USA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Nichols on Monday, October 27, 2014 - 06:01 pm:

My wife spells family name as Chang, while her brother spells it as Jang ( wife is Korean )

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Monday, October 27, 2014 - 06:14 pm:

In my experience the only high quality made in China products I have ever used are their abundant Chinese military surplus firearms like an sks or civilianized AKM. Everything else I have purchased from china has been of shoddy quality. As stated by someone else earlier, I'm sure eventually their QC will improve but until then I'm not holding my breath.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, October 27, 2014 - 08:19 pm:

Wang has a different meaning down here in Texas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 07:54 am:

Perhaps Andy could make the bearing needed for the Warford transmission the can't be found.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 07:58 am:

I sure dont want to say my wang's wong.
Maby Sum ting Wong can make us some good front wheel bearings for less than a 100 bucks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 11:10 am:

^ That cracked me up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 04:46 pm:

Matthew - You've come close enough to the Chinese "QC" issues to remind me of why I have the opinion that I have in this regard. I'm no "expert" on anything, but have read enough and seen enough to make what I think is a pretty accurate "supposition" in regard to Chinese junk. And I guess another factor is that you have to be old enough (like me at 73) to see things the way I do. And my "supposition" is that it has become a rather complex problem that kinda' feeds on itself. Consider this:

The general opinion of the American public is that stuff from China is junk. And I believe that to a large degree, this is true. However, one reason I think that the problem "feeds on itself" is that because we have come to EXPECT poor quality in Chinese manufacturing. And because we now EXPECT poor quality, many USA companies actually have their engineers purposely design products to be built in China to be built cheaply and to sub-standard specifications, knowing that the American consumer will buy the stuff anyway, and blame the poor quality on the Chinese, the company thereby maintaining their good reputation that they earned many years ago, but don't deserve now. How many old, familiar and well respected "brand names" can you think of that now seem to be manufacturing "junk" in comparison to the good products we remember when we were much younger.

Again, one of my more "wordy" attempts to explain what I mean, but there it is,.....FWIW,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 04:50 pm:

Okay,....to add a few MORE words, I guess I could have said that this is partly where the phrase "corporate greed" applies!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 04:57 pm:

One more thing that fits this thread, but I refuse to get "political"! Suffice to say,...."SOM TING WONG" in U.S.A. today!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 06:32 pm:

"Corporate Greed"? Don't you mean societal greed? Companies simply try to supply products that buyers want. What most buyers want is cheap products. You can't make cheap products in the US because the labor rate is high, the tax rate is high and the insurance rate is high.

I've heard people balk at a $3 hamburger that costs $2.85 to make. How is that corporate greed? You don't think someone is allowed to make a profit for the investment they have in providing a product? That in itself reeks with political overtones.

There is something wrong in the USA today. Too many people think they deserve something for nothing. They want everything given to them for free. Free housing, free food, free phones, free insurance, free dope and on and on. And there's one group that is trying to accomplish that on the backs of the rest of us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 08:30 pm:

Ken - Well there's one thing we both said,.....you said,......."There is something wrong in the USA today."

I said,......"SOM TING WONG in U.S.A. today!" And by the way, I should have by all means have given Mac Cole credit for that "play on words" that he used earlier in this thread. The fact is, it really is cute, but it's also correct!

"Societal greed",.....yes, I agree Ken. I guess I only explained part of the problem and you explained what is probably a much larger part,....our whole society. I'd be the first to agree, our whole society is changing,.....for the worse.

I would however, probably use a few words differently than you did though Ken. You said,...."Companies simply try to supply products that buyers want." I would probably say,....Companies simply try to SELL products that buyers will buy, SO THAT THE COMPANY CAN MAKE MONEY! I honestly believe that most companies are much more concerned with making a profit than supplying buyers with what they want.

You also said,...."What most buyers want is cheap products." I guess I'd have said,.....What most buyers want are INEXPENSIVELY priced products, even if they are made cheaply, and even if they are made cheaply in China, which, because of what you call "societal greed" Ken, and you're right!

But again, you're also right Ken,.... because to a large degree, it's our own fault,......we keep buying the most inexpensive cheaply made products we can find, even if those are products that are made in China. And unfortunately, it has progressed to the point where it is now very hard to "buy American", because so much less is now made in America.

All this makes me think of an uncle of mine, who was so upset about my parents buying a Japanese car back in the '70's, that he would not even speak to my folks anymore. He had always bought Chrysler Corporation cars. Quite a few years later, that same uncle was driving a Chrysler Corp. import, and guess where it was made!

Yeah, I think we're both singn' from the same sheet of music Ken, except that I only sang the first verse and you sang one of the other verses! But I sure didn't intend (and still don't) intend to try to "sing the rest of the verses"! I'm sure not smart enough to understand enough about economics and things financial to try to get into this any deeper Ken; I just know that you and I both agree with Mac that "SUM TING WONG" in the U.S.A., and part of it is that we all keep stupidly "shopping at Walmart"! Sorry for the "rambling" rant,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 08:51 pm:

You know Made in the US should be stamped on products we buy and we should be able to be proud of supporting US companys.
But I bought 4 new tires. Dean tires, P235R75 for my pickup in late 2009. Made in US stamped on them. Made it a point to buy US made tires.
In 2011 they started cracking.
Well in 2014 2 just went flat.1 in the Ace parking lot and 1 in the yard. Side walls busted out.
Not on the road. Another US made tire, separated I used to replace 1 of those. It was 2 years older, made in US.
I replaced them last week with a set of Nationals. Made in US. I hope I get some service form these. Got less than 30,000 miles out of the last set. Woulda lasted longer had they not busted from Ozone cracking as the manufacturers call it.
Just cheap materials is all it amounts to.
And it aint just US made tires. My Faulkens I put on my dump truck,625 bucks worth, are starting to crack with less than 500 miles on them! Made in Japan.
So what is a man to do? Cant buy quality from no where.
My Chaperals, cheap wide whites on my old Lincoln aint got a crack 1. Made in China.Uh? :0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 08:59 pm:

Mr. Wang, Is this 1 of your bearings?
Not meaning any offense, just trying to understand this failure.
MTD lawntractor,240 hours service. There is 2 of these bearings in the variable speed pulley assembly.Bearing seized and about broke a 83 year old mans neck when the machine came to a dead standstill from high gear.

this is the kind of thing that gives a chinese bearing a bad reputation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy Wang on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 01:49 am:

thanks for Gary White

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy Wang on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 01:52 am:

RE:<By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Monday, October 27, 2014 - 10:05 am:
In reading the original post I see Andy Wang posted the information and Andy Wong is the sales manager.
Which Andy does one contact? I don't want to make a mistake and contact the Wong one >In fact ,my name is Wang Jingyu.and the English is andy...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy Wang on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 01:54 am:

Hi,Trent Boggess

Thanks for you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy Wang on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 01:56 am:

Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS is right also

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy Wang on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 02:56 am:

Mack Cole ---- Earth, some time is not the bearing not good ,but how to use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 03:15 am:

"Perhaps Andy could make the bearing needed for the Warford transmission the can't be found."

Yes, exactly the sort of thought i had.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy Wang on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 03:51 am:

sorry Kep I don't know Warford transmission.and don't understand what do you mean :make the bearing needed for the Warford transmission the can't be found."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 10:52 am:

I think in general there's been a decrease in US made product's quality. Example: my neighbor is still using a refridgerator (frigidair maybe?) from the mid 50s in her camp. she ran it straight for twenty years and for 40 more years it has gotten summer use at the camp. Still runs strong. These days refridgerators, dryers, and washing machines all seem to be intentionally made to bust quickly. We bought a 1200 dollae washing machine that didn't even last 3 years before dying, a fridge you may get 8 to ten years if you're lucky. Our old fridge was 22 when it died. I don't mean to gripe, but when I shell over 2000 for a fridge I expect it to last at least 15 years, a washer should get at least 10, a dryer at least 15. It frustrates me that there seems to be very little pride in prodction these days. That's one of the reasons I love the Henry rifle Co. their slogan is "made in USA or not made at all." They guarentee their products for life, and if you call customer support odds are you're talking to a member of the owning family who appreciate your calls and go out on a limb to help you. One guy saidhe called to just tell them how much he loved the lever rifle he bought from them. as a way of saying thank you for his appreciation they mailed him upgraded sights free of charge, Now that's a company who takes pride in their quality!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 11:41 am:

I would certainly rather see stuff made here rather than importing goods and exporting jobs. I believe it's all about corporations cutting costs to increase profits. As far as quality of Chinese goods, I believe they make stuff to specs provided by the buyer. I own a lot of guitars, American, Korean and Chinese. The Chinese guitars are excellent quality and a bargain for the money. But, you can also buy junk guitars at Walmart. A CNC machine in China is as capable as one in the USA. It's all about how much the American importer want's to pay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 12:24 pm:

One company 'cheapens up' their product and sells for less. Their competition has to do the same to be competitive. Eventually, everyone has cheapened up their product and there are no good quality ones to be had, even if you were willing to spend the extra money.

I was helping a friend on the weekends plumb up various steam engines to various boilers for an upcoming engine show. We had two 1" unions that the threads on the slip nut stripped. Two more 1" unions leaked. But there were some that did not. Upon closer inspection, all 4 defective ones were made in China and purchased from Lowes. The ones that were not defective were made in the US and came from a local plumbing supply. At least for now, we can spend the extra money and get good ones from the plumbing place. But what happens when he decides to go the cheap route? Or his wholesaler decides to go the cheap route? Where do we get a good union? We're going to Hell in a hand basket and don't nobody even care.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 12:47 pm:

Hal,
If you are using high pressure steam. Please don't use ordinary cast plumbing fittings from a hardware store. Use materials that are pressure rated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 04:48 pm:

I will second Floyd's statement: use Schedule 80 fittings, steam can KILL (I love steam, just gotta respect it!)
As for appliances not lasting: new standards require more efficiency; that efficiency comes with a price, oftentimes resulting in a shorter duty life. For instance; I was replacing ballasts in some store lighting--now I date them when I put them in, and was finding they were failing a few months after their 5 year warranty period expired. An engineer from PG&E admitted that the new ballasts only last about 5 years, as compared to the old ones that would last decades. Part of the redesign for electrical efficiency. I have about 34 ones to replace in another store, and am considering putting in the ballast-free LED replacement lamps (fit the same bulb sockets); the bulbs are much more expensive, but cheaper than ballasts and bulbs over the long run (VERY long bulb life with LEDs--and much lower electrical consumption, which should make the renter happier. But now WAY off-topic, sorry!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 04:57 pm:

75 PSI. We always use sch 80 at the boiler then sch 40 downstream.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 05:19 pm:

David - When you consider "who" and "what" started this thread, I don't getting "OT" is any big deal!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 09:16 pm:

Well I guess the engineers at MTD must have not known what they were doing when they designed the varidrive "automatic" speed control on this machine.
Anyhow, I went to Oreilys this morning and got 2 bearings. Nationals, made in china.:-( And they were the "better" grade they carried!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 09:20 pm:

You know I got to thinking about this.
I hope there is nothing wong with Mr. Wang and perhaps he is a real person.
It would behoove us to actually be able to communicate directly with manufacturers of our parts.
Does anyone have the Warford bearing spec's?
Email Mr Wang the details. Who knows what might happen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy Wang on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 10:37 pm:

There is a Mexican told me that £ºif the bearing sell in Mexica 10 doller and buy from China 1 doller .I will buy it to Mexica.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 12:57 am:

Hal,
75 PSI, OK, schedule 40 would work, though I'd stick to black pipe, it's higher rated than galvanized.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 01:18 am:

This thread has gotten way too long, but I have to disagree with the statement that companies make things people want to buy.
I don't know of anyone who wants to buy T clincher tyres which last for just 5-7000 miles, that perish and crack in just a couple of years, even when not used.
More like they make inferior tyres so you have to buy more and they make more profit. By closing down Insa in Brazil, Betco in Australia and Firestone in New Zealand, there went the competition, so we are captive buyers of the crap they produce. And because they have the market cornered, there is no point complaining.

End of rant.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 02:34 am:

In my years in the machine shop I sold thousands of bearings.
Some US made and a lot made in Korea and China.
Like anything, including US made products, you have to ask your suppliers what's what so you know what you are buying.
We dealt with industrial suppliers most of whom we had done business with for many years and had built relationships with their sales staffs so we got straight answers and they knew if they sold me any junk there would be hell to pay.
I never got an inferior bearing no matter where it was made whether it went into an irrigation pump or a 3/4 HP motor.
Now days I see the poorest products coming from Mexico which is not their fault.
It's the fault of the US companies who don't hold them to high enough standards.
I will never again buy a spark plug made in Mexico but that's only one example.
When you demand quality you get quality.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy Wang on Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 05:19 am:

yes ,When you demand quality you get quality.
you have to ask your suppliers what's what so you know what you are buying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 02:59 pm:

Allan,

"I don't know of anyone who wants to buy T clincher tyres which last for just 5-7000 miles..."

"More like they make inferior tyres so you have to buy more and they make more profit."

NO. If they made tires that lasted even 25,000 miles, for a car that maybe gets driven 1000 miles a year, they would be out of business. We would then have ZERO tire companies to get tires from and we would bitch about why nobody makes tires anymore.

You essentially are getting no less life out of Model T tires than you get out of modern car tires. I just bought a set of tires for my modern car. They're rated at 75,000 miles. If I drive it 15,000 miles per year, (about average), I will get 5 years out of them. Now, if you drive your T 1000 miles per year, (about average for most T's), your 5000 - 7000 mile tires will last you 5 - 7 years.

By the way, what company do you know of that doesn't have profit as their goal? Answer: the ones that are out of business.

P.S. I agree about the tire cracking thing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 07:46 pm:

Jerry, there are those of us who drive our cars and those of us who have cars. Those who drive them are at a disadvantage because the tyres available today are not up to being used. Fortunately, the current set of T drivers on my 1917 shooting brake were made before they developed tyres that crack up while they are not being used. But they will not last. In occasional use on a car which is my third choice to use, they are already half gone, in an estimated 2000 miles.

Contrast this with the 1970s Olympics on the roadster pickup I first restored in 1986. All four are still going strong, after road trips of thousands of miles, think LA to NYC and back twice.

My main gripe is we have no choice in the matter. We cannot purchase quality tyres, even at a premium price, because it is beyond the wit/will of the producers to make them available, unless you are fortunate to run 21" tyres and have the choice of two US manufacturers.

Put yourself in the place of the New Zealander who purchased a T with a new set of tyres, only to have the car knocked back for registration because they were cracking at the side walls. His choice was to fit a whole new set and face the same problem 3 years later. Under consumer law, they would be deemed unfit for purpose.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, November 20, 2014 - 11:05 pm:

Hello again Mr. Wang. I was wondering if you could look at this situation and give me insight as to why this bearing failed.I think I know what went wong but input is appreciated as I can not locate any technical data on this machine at all.It is as if it never existed.
Bearing was a Bower M12648/M12610 Tapered Roller Bearing 7/8" Bore being used in a Dana-Spicer differential in a 1962 Ez-Go golf cart with swing arm rear suspension.

I did locate a bearing on ebay and it will be here tomorrow. 8.49 Free shipping. made in china of course

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, November 22, 2014 - 09:26 am:

I coulda sworn I posted another bad bearing photo to this thread for Mr. Wang's review but it is gone?
Sum ting went wong?
Mr.Wang needs to understand that good customer service is important and when we have questions, we want answers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 01:35 am:

I stated above I would never again buy another spark plug made in Mexico.
A couple days ago I had O'Reilly get in a pair of Champion 523 (D23) spark plugs for my John Deere 50 as the Mexican made AC plugs I had were unsatisfactory out of the box almost.
So I get to O'Reilly's and, DAMN IT ANYWAY, the CHAMPIONS are made in Mexico too!
I haven't started the tractor yet but I'm sure hoping Champion holds their plants in Mexico to the same standards as their, apparently, former U.S. plants.
I'm so disgusted.......grrrrrrr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 01:41 am:

May as well look for the NGK or other brand equivalent. If you have to buy something made over yonder, may as well get the best.
I try to buy American when ever I can.
But when I got my insurance settlement from my wreck I wanted to invest in a small diesel tractor with loader so I could move stuff .
All are made elsewhere besides here. You cant buy a New or late model 1 made here in the US. So I bought a used Kubota. I knew there was be parts and support for it. It has been a good 1 since 2009 so I cant complain.
So many of the others are made less than well and parts are impossible to find in 10 years for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 02:05 am:

I tried a set of NGK's in my S10 once too.
They were no better than the Mexican made AC plugs.
THAT'S when I told the mechanic to try a set of Champions and I've been converted since.
That set of Champions is still in my S10 and have never misfired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 11:21 pm:

Has anyone heard from Mr Wang about making us some bearings? Has anyone sent measurements? Who knows,he could be real and we are missing a chance here?
But if sum ting went wong,and he lost his innner net connection, we may never hear from him again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karl Gilchrist on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:11 pm:

Allan Hadn't the Kiwi heard of black shoe polish
Fills the cracks in nicely ! The Chinese can and do make excellent parts . The difference is that if you are not prepared to pay what it costs to produce such parts then they are happy to sell you inferior parts. Price, Quality and Quantity -You get any 2 but not all three. Our constant drive to pay the least we can for parts is driving quality down not just in China but worldwide. - Karl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy Wang bearing supplier from China on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

SOrry ,I have long time not no here .so I can't see your questiones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy Wang bearing supplier from China on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:48 pm:

thanks for everyone who remember me .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy Wang bearing supplier from China on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:56 pm:

Dear Mack Cole ---- Earth £¬you want buy this M12648/M12610 bearings ?and the price is 8.49 USD from Shop ? right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 11:14 pm:

Thanks for checking in Mr. Wang. That is what I paid for this 1, made over yonder.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121409564905?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
He sent the wong roller and sent the correct 1 and let me keep the wong 1 as it would cost more to ship it back.good seller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy Wang bearing supplier from China on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 09:39 am:

I think you buy from a USA shop ,so the cost is not too much than it fry from China,haha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 10:01 am:

I wonder if Andy is related to the Hong Kong actress Suzi Wong? She had a baby recently. She named it What Went.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 11:05 am:

A few of us that visit this forum have an understanding of Chinese manufacturing and supply.
Some of us are even in China on a regular basis.
And at least one of us goes to Shanghai!

There are a lot of knock offs and a few good companies.
The problem is identifying which is which.

Andy seems to be a distributor - not a manufacturer - so the quality could be good one week and poor the next.
Or he could be selling rejects.

My experience with China manufacturers is that you can not make any assumptions and you can't expect consistency.

For example -
When we are working with a new parts supplier we have to get samples, then make explain that we want the parts to be made to the print and show them where they are wrong before placing an order.
Next we place an order and usually find that they have taken a few shortcuts, so we reject it.
That gets their attention and after some discussion we place another order and usually it is OK.
When we get the next batch we usually find that they have returned to their old ways so we have to reject it again - but sometimes we have to use sub-standard parts because we have no other choice and they figure that it is OK so the next order is even worse.
Then we have to go back to the beginning.

Bottom line - we have to look at every detail because we never know what is going to change.

I might be able to visit Mr Wang or Wong the next time I am in Shanghai to see if he has any control over his product.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 11:38 am:

My trailer has Chinese bearings w/ 300K miles on them & still going strong ....

We live in a Global Economic Age

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 11:53 am:

Fred,

You are absolutely right, even the first tier suppliers need a double-check nudge to get to full acceptance.

I'll share a story as I don't think I have before...

The guy that owned the majority of the stock in my company wanted a JV in China for other reasons in his investment portfolio...so there was a product where our American cost to produce made it a no-go as there was a competitor from California who was bringing his work in from Tijuana at 25% savings on that product.

So I went to China for a 30% savings landed...

The day the containers were due to arrive, the shop super stopped by my office and asked if I wanted the containers delivered after hours. "You know...the people issue" was his rationale. I replied, "No, bring them in during shift overlap, set up a table in the middle of the assembly hall, put red, yellow, and green inspection tags on the table...and when the containers arrive line the product up like soldiers and tell all 500 to have a whack at it! Tag 'em and bag 'em, they either pass or they don't!"

So no crisis or attitude, next morning there were 108 red and yellow tags hanging on the machinery. "What do we do?" "Tell the boys to fix them and drop time cards, I'll back charge the Chinese".

My guys were union...Teamsters at that...and they were brutal to arrive at the 108 'gigs'...things like "star washers mounted upside down, standard shop practice is to put sharp side against iron...dull side against other material"..."Obvious shortage of Grade 8 fasteners as some lengths show ground to length evidence"...meaning....a good portion of the gigs were actually being chicken-poop BUT since I'd be the judge and jury on 'fair' I decided a gig was a gig...

I then sent a letter to the Chinese factory director in Xian China...

"You and your family live on the top 8th floor penthouse unit in company housing...you enjoy the appearance being created equal-yet accepted that some are created more equal than others...

Your recent product batch was rejected by your new colleagues...they will perform the reworks in USA and you will reimburse fully for their work without question...

Here is a listing of 108 faults. you are not to question the faults, simply guarantee you will maintain the prior quality plus personal involvement to assure the listing of 108 are not repeated...

Failure to comply 1000% will result in a different housing unit being assigned to you and your family...on the first floor of the building..."

The next batch had the same ticket bench waiting for the product on arrival and the same 500 willing to be quality inspectors...there were no yellow or red tickets issued and since they were still all working routine O/T anyway, the product just became a purchase complete without a shrug.

I said to the steward..."Notice how all star-washers have sharp side down against iron?" From that day forward we apparently had a new USA shop standard in all our factories...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 12:07 pm:

Most newer Timkin front wheel bearings for the T are made in China.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy Wang bearing supplier from China on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 08:09 am:

yes you are right Ed in California

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration