Paying It Forward

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Paying It Forward
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 02:35 pm:

Last month my middle school History and Science class began restoration of a 1921 chassis with the hope of scrounging up body parts along the way. Looks like we’re in it for the long haul...Black Jack Arrives

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 03:22 pm:

Great work, Sean! Which school?

You could make a short presentation to the Orange County and Long Beach club meetings, and get lots of parts. I sold and gave away my surplus last winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 05:20 pm:

Thanks Ralph. Hey, I met you and Gene up at that Driveway Swap Meet you held at your place. Lot's of cool items. Our school is Kline School over in Costa Mesa on Adams about a quarter mile west of Harbor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 07:12 pm:

What a cool project and great looking bunch of kids! We were vacationing for a week at Costa Mesa/Huntington Beach back in '99 and wow what a beautiful place it is. I would give anything to be able to live (and afford it) there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 07:20 pm:

And when they graduate as Seniors the car will be finished......?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Nichols on Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 08:15 pm:

A real neat way to get some future T Owners and they will learn something useful the rest of their lives, unlike some of the drivel they will encounter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 10:21 pm:

Yes Sean, please make a presentation to the local clubs and you'll surely get several parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 11:25 pm:

I hope we made you some good deals..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Monday, November 03, 2014 - 12:33 am:

Dave: Some will graduate this year. They all bought into the project though, knowing that they may not be here from start to finish. By design, we're a small school. That makes for a tight community where former students know they're always welcome. Any involved from this starting point will be invited for milestone points along the way. First engine start, first road run, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison on Monday, November 03, 2014 - 08:06 am:

Doggone it Sean. I wish it was a Minnesota school. I've got a restored 1921 "A" license plate I'd donate. It's beautifully restored and my T's are '22, '25 and '26 so I have no need for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Klem on Monday, November 03, 2014 - 09:50 am:

Sean,
How about posting a "need list" along with an address here on the forum (unless it is against the rulz).
You never can tell what might show up :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, November 03, 2014 - 10:54 am:

I have a pair of running boards from a 1922 Coupe you can have. They are in good to fair condition and with a little TLC they would be fine. Send me your address and I will donate them if you want them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, November 03, 2014 - 02:14 pm:

Great teaching Sean!

Perhaps you and your students could post a list of goodies your gang needs, and keep it updated as parts show up. It might help grow enthusiasm from all fronts watching the donations flow in here on the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Monday, November 03, 2014 - 10:35 pm:

Your school is about a block from my office (inside Honda Costa Mesa). I live just about two miles from you. I can bring by the '15 and/or the '27 if you ever want to show the class running examples :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 12:49 am:

WOW! What a terrific response from you folks on this site. I am amazed, but I probably shouldn’t be. Obviously, we are in the initial stages of this project but all your suggestions and offers are well taken and appreciated. I need to look at the best way to show both what we are up to and a “Want List” as you’ve suggested. Posts may not come that quickly as we are a mom ‘n pop operation and always seem to be working. In fact, I was still at it at 8:00 pm with an online streaming session with my class on those Turn of the Century Inventions and Advancements: the telephone (not cell), and the washing machine (not automatic). Stay tuned...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 03:58 am:

Sean, Here's a thought as you process the list of priorities.
Since the engine and tranny looks mostly complete, Concentrate on getting the engine running first. This would really widen some eyes and delight the kids ears when they see and hear it start?

Let me know if you'd need some help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn Kolano on Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 09:04 am:

You should contact Glen Chaffin - http://www.chaffinsgarage.com/ - he's close and might be able to help you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 12:54 pm:

Bill: That would be great to do at some point. I've seen you around town in your '15 and it looks quite sharp. I've also seen from a distance what appeared to be a '13 or '14 Runabout sporting a set of white shoes. Any idea who the owner is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 01:51 pm:

Gene: We've already started to tackle the frame with putty knives and wire brushes. I keep getting asked "When can we go out and work on the T?". There doesn't seem to be any problem generating enthusiasm! Thanks for your input!
Frame 01
Frame 02
Frame 03
Frame 04
Frame 05

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 02:31 pm:

Isn't this the coolest thing ever...... :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 03:06 pm:

Count me in. I'll help all I can.

Bellflower isn't that far away and I have the M.T.F.C.A. course outline that I borrowed from them and copied with permission. I purchased a copy of "The American Road" on DVD on my own. I've personally used the outline myself when I brought my car to a couple of schools in the Downey Unified School District.

P.M. me if you like for my contact info.

By the way, I'm also part of the part-time staff at Cerritos Community College so I'm not afraid to speak in front of a class. Although, you may just have that covered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 04:20 pm:

The '14 Runabout belongs to Greg Griffin... Also from Huntington Beach :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 07:16 pm:

Enough fooling around. Get to class!
Shop 01
Shop 02
Shop 03
Shop 04
Shop 05

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 08:21 pm:

Wow - what a great opportunity for these young folks !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 08:40 pm:

OOH! -- You even have a KRW engine stand! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler on Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 09:31 pm:

Sean,
You are one LUCKY fella (instructor). My how things have changed!!! In 1967 I tried to teach and rebuild a 1927 Touring car in my Industrial Arts class and almost got fired! Using materials and tools that belonged to the state and not my own. Funny when I told the Super that I bought most all of the grinding wheels, sand paper, paint, etc., he then went on about the heat and lights!!! This was in the Osage High School in Lake Ozark, Missouri.
In 1977 I brought in my 1914 to East Bay High School in Gibsonton, florida just to rewood the body. I was using Arthur Howell's repo sheet metal as well as patching up several of my original body panels. The then principal, Mr. Lyle Flagg, told me it was all right and to go ahead with the project. Students who finished our required projects got to work on the car. It went over well! BUT... not when the supervisor from downtown came to visit the school. I was read the riot act!!!! Using school facilities and materials. Same story, I told him that I wasn't that stupid and had paid for ALL materials. the downtown MAIN supervisor of Industrial Trades left by telling me to get that "thing" out of the shop. Later my principal told me it was ok to finish the car. Darned if I do and darned if I don't.
The kids will LOVE it!!! Do it if you can!!!!
My students in BOTH cases were let down. We did finish the 14 roadster and drove it in the local parade but we did it at my home garage. The principal was happy and we got plenty of print from the local newspaper. It even made the yearbook.
The administration messed up in BOTH cases. It was a GREAT program builder! I had students ask about the 14 for the next three years wondering if I would do it again. I needed my job so I did not do it again. Sad to say.
Good luck and for heavens sake do finish it!!! The class will need a ride around the school for everyone who worked on it. We did that! They loved it. Grab Ink!!!
Joe in Mo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler on Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 09:36 pm:

Grab Ink means get all of the publicity you can for the program!
GO TEAM!!!!
Joe in Mo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 01:24 am:

Glenn: I know Glen Chaffin well. I did a good deal of business with him way back when... Great guy and valuable friend to the hobby!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn Kolano on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 07:42 am:

Maybe you could arrange a ''field trip'', to his garage. Now that your class is working on the T they would probably enjoy Glen's collection and tools.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 08:31 am:

How things have changed or are different. When I started in high school in 1946 the school had a building for auto mechanics. about 1/3 was a class room and the rest was auto shop with a lot of good fixtures. We were able to work on any car we wanted included model ts. I can still remember the instructor in class doing a lecture on various motor functions using a model T as the example.
About 20 years ago I had some model T project cars. I offered one to a local high school in their shop class but they were not interested.
picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 12:07 pm:

Dave,

Not everyone is blessed with the "T Bug".

(They obviously have never RIDDEN in one!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 02:43 pm:

Sean,
Good for you ! and what a wonderful and intrigueing project! I have been puttering around with a '19-'22 roadster body and turtledeck installing a wood kit just to take it to Chickasha and sell it. But, you can have it if you'd like for your school project. You'd just have to figure out transportation. The early 'deck has pressed steel handles and offset for a battery in the front panel. Also, the seat heel panel has a factory hole for the starter switch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 04:46 pm:

George - Well,.....!!! Good for you too! What a generous offer you've made and an "idea" just crossed my feeble mind that might be worth considering:

The "transportation thing" that you mentioned might just be at least partially solved if Sean or you (or maybe both) approach "Jim", the fellow that we hear from that makes his living from hauling cars all over the USA. Can't be sure exactly how he signs his posts as he's just changed from just "plain ol' Jim" to something like "Freighter Jim" or something like that.

Anyway, my "brilliant" thought,....ahemm,.....is that Freighter Jim seems to have a very good reputation concerning safe and dependable transport, and has actually made a very generous contribution to the Model "T" Museum in the form of some donated transportation. I wouldn't be surprised if he wouldn't consider this very worthy cause that involves a bunch of "would-be" automotive mechanics in Sean's class to be deserving of some "help" as far as transportation is concerned,.....especially if the circumstances are such that there is no big hurry, and Freighter Jim could pretty much do it at his own convenience whenever it would fit his ever-changing routes and schedule. Just a thought,....but I certainly think that Sean's efforts with those kids is a chance for any of us that can help to do so. And you've certainly "kicked it off" with your generous offer George,....FWIW,....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 04:52 pm:

Sean, I know a guy with a Tahoe and an enclosed Trailer...
Maybe there are some other stops to pick up donations along the way?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Nichols on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 04:57 pm:

I think it is time to form a Kline School of Costa Mesa, CA MODEL T BOOSTER CLUB, to which some of us can, as we are able to donate a few dollars for the use of this project as needed.

The booster club directors should include 2 Model T ers, Sean Butler, 2 Parents

Members

any and every one believes in this worthwhile project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 07:51 pm:

Much as Gene likes a road trip, it might be better for somebody to haul it to Chickasa, and somebody else on to SoCalif.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 07:55 pm:

Just Google me: 142 Elm Creek Rd. Lockhart, TX 78644. I'd be very pleased and honored to push this project along with a runabout body. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Nichols on Thursday, November 06, 2014 - 06:42 pm:

I am not on the route discussion for moving a body, but there is another kind of donation I can make and do so gladly.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Monday, November 10, 2014 - 09:27 am:

Sean,
I sent you a private email message and don't have any way of confirming it on this new gmail. Have you received it?. . . . george

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, November 10, 2014 - 12:35 pm:

I received a note from Sean and he commented that he responded back to you about the body.

If anyone has any ideas of how to get it out here I am sure the kids would be excited and I know Sean very Grateful.

I think John has a great idea worth considering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Monday, November 10, 2014 - 12:41 pm:

George: I just sent you a reply.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Monday, November 10, 2014 - 10:19 pm:

John: A Booster Club would likely work in a school with support staff. Unfortunately, that’s a luxury we don’t have here at Kline. Clubs take managing and I need to keep my focus on the project and the comprehensive curriculum we deliver to our students. The intent of posting to the message board was simply to let Model T enthusiasts know that we’re “paying it forward” here at Kline. The support from the T community has been rewarding and is greatly appreciated by both my students and staff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Thursday, December 25, 2014 - 12:14 pm:

Merry Christmas one and all - From me and the guys. Still trying to figure out this K.R. Wilson Christmas Tree Stand.Christmas T2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, December 26, 2014 - 12:56 am:

That's so Cool!

I've been thinking of you and the kids there.

Glad you took the time to post here again. Get back to us when the holidays are over and the kids get back on the Model T Project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, December 26, 2014 - 01:07 am:

All I see is the poisoning of innocent minds that might otherwise be playing Level 15 of Death AvengersVIII ! :-)

Keep it up !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 07:56 pm:

Here are a couple of pics of the roadster body George has so generously offered us. Now if I could just get this old teleporter fired up we could zip it over!Body1Body2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 08:56 am:

C'mon, somebody .. . ..anybody! All we need is an empty pickup truck going to southern California from central Texas. Lets introduce these young people to the joys of sheet metal restoration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 09:33 am:

George -- Take it to Chickasha. There will be several folks returning to SoCal after that meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Vasconcelos in Fairhaven, MA on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 03:47 pm:

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having my college students build a Ford Quadricycle replica...after that a Model T rebuild would be perfect.

It is so awesome that you getting them into it at that age!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 01:46 pm:

How did this get posted back on the 2014?

Is there a way to post a link to the 2015 to promote this worthwhile project and arrange for the delivery of the body to the kids at the school?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 01:57 pm:

Here's a link to the 2015 edition of this thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/507770.html?1420527697

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

Thanks Mark,

What I was trying to do was to get a link to this 2014 thread posted on the 2015 thread with the same title. Sean posted on the 2015 but has since scrolled off out of view and I'm sure many guys will not see it.

So how do you insert the link? When I try to move the curser down from the tab and see the address and hit the copy the address disappears. Of course there is a simple way. Thanks for the help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 02:40 pm:

To get the link, I just went to the other thread, then highlighted and copied the command line at the top of my browser. Then I came back to this page an did a "paste".

screen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 02:55 pm:

Mike et al, As a matter of fact I am going to Chickasha in a few months but I've already committed to Dick Emery's 2 swap spaces in the south building and will have a totally full pickup. The above '19-'22 runabout body would've been my 'anchor' sale . . . until Sean came up with a more meaningful use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Madison on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 11:10 pm:

wondering how the projects doing and what else is needed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 09:52 am:

I second Matt's request! Sean, if you would post a list of parts you still need and an address to send them to, I'm sure some folks (including me) would scrounge through their piles and send you some of the parts gratis. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 01:32 pm:

We're in a holding pattern at this time as our focus is on our annual Science Fair. One more week to go!

At this point we are just a chassis other than George's roadster body - no fenders, running boards, or splash aprons. No crankshaft or camshaft in the engine parts box either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 12:49 am:

My class received a package yesterday.
Package
Opened it up
Open
Open 2
and it is a beautiful crankshaft sent to us from Matt Madison.
Crank 1
Journals all mic out as standard! What a terrific gift!
Mic Crank
The group that makes up the MTFCA forum is in a class by itself. Matt - You Da Man! Aaron, Tevin, Mattie, John, Rishi, Jack, & Mr. B

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 01:08 am:

Sean, sure is cool to see the youngsters using a mic. I bet it isn't digital either?

Always happy to see the heading Paying it Forward!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 01:19 am:

Gene: Although we do have a 1 inch mic that is digital, our 2 inch is not. We've had quite a few homework assignments on reading a mic. I take a digital pic of several readings, post it on a web page, and let them have at it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 08:51 am:

The roadster body/turtleneck will begin it's first travel leg this Friday when I take it to Ross Lilleker's shop and load in his trailer for transport to Chickasha. Then, Ken Dobbins has volunteered to carry it to southern CA. I hope you can teach the boys a little sheet metal repair. good luck !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 10:18 am:

George -- You put a sweater on the body to keep it warm in its travels? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 01:56 am:

Well, it happened. George's runabout body showed up today - through the efforts of a bevy of you on this site.

Arrival
Kim & "The Guys" pull in.

Meeting
Mr. B meets Kim & Don.

Offload1
The offload begins.

Offload2
Offload3
Easy Does It...

Offload 4

Frank, Kim, Don, & Mr. B begin the final placement.

Offload6
Home Sweet Home!

GuysBody1
Four of the runabout's new caretakers with their generous gift.

Sincerest thanks go out to George, Ross, Kim, Don, Frank, and everyone who posted their support here.
You are ALL helping to PAY IT FORWARD!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 02:13 am:

For the kids on the project that they have undertaken. I just hope that they keep up their interest and maybe we will have a new bunch of "T'Rs in the making.
Just wish I would have the chance when I was growing up. I did have the chance to work on the Model A and the 1933 and 1934 and even a 1940 and lastly a 1938 Ford. Keep them interested
bill d

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 05:00 pm:

Good job guys. Now, get it out of the parking lot and learn some sheet metal work! Please keep us posted as the project matures Sean and let us know of parts needed. Maybe you can arrange delivery of some at Bakersfield. Did you get the firewall, a box of brackets and the box of wood kit in the t'deck?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

Kudos to George for donating the body and turtle, major components of this project. And kudos to Kim & Co. for their logistic support. We all can be proud to be members of this generous Model T Community.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 05:53 am:

Great work! Thank you to everyone who is promoting the future of our hobby and especially those supporting this effort!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 07:42 pm:

George, there was no firewall that I saw. Maybe it's still with Ross? Thanks
for donating the body, the kids were real happy with it! Kim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 01:30 pm:

Sometimes we have to take a break from Science and History with its nuts & bolts and switch to Math with its chips and bones.
Craps1

Then again, there is a little Physical Education mixed in too.
Craps2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 05:21 am:

Just ran across this thread ...

I rarely get to Southern CA ..... :-(

I ALWAYS will chip in for a worthy cause - so ....

I am leaving Cheyenne, WY this morning
and driving across I-80 thru Salt Lake City, UT
to West Point & Bakersfield, CA w/ limited room for parts if anyone has anything they want to donate ...

I will be at the Bakersfield Swap on Friday,
then headed down to Corona, CA from there ....

So - if there are donated parts that need a ride from Bakersfield I can take them to Corona if that helps ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Mulrooney, Webster, NY on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 01:51 pm:

What an absolutely incredible story! I read it from top to bottom. This is truly a wonderful example of how the world is "supposed" to work. Thank you to Sean Butler for giving these young folks the opportunity. Thank you for giving all who have, would and will help the opportunity to do so also. Truly a rewarding project for all involved. Well done!

Patrick Mulrooney
Webster, NY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 01:42 am:

Freighter Jim - Pleased to see your post of 05:21a.m. 4/5 (today).

I guess you noted that I sort spoke out of turn on the forum here last November in suggesting that you might be able and willing to help in this "Pass It Forward" project,.....however, as you have demonstrated in the past what kind of "stuff" you're made of, I was pretty sure that what I said was okay,.....and you just proved it!

I and obviously many others think this is a great "cause" and obviously, you do too as well! Thanks,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 01:36 pm:

Harold,

For a worthy cause such as this ...

All someone has to do is call me ....

If I am going by where parts are needed to be picked up & I have room .....

I will provide free transport to a point along my route as close as possible to where they need to go.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

I'm sure everyone is like me and waiting for Sean's next story here about the kids and their T.

Thanks Sean for sharing and also to everyone along the way for the help and donations.

Keep up the Good Work Everyone!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 05:46 pm:

I take it the running boards I sent never made it. I didn't pack them I just taped them together face to face with that nylon reinforced tape, put cardboard on each end and stuck a label on them. Must be lost somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 12:09 am:

Oooh, a flurry of activity
Jim:Thank you for your wonderful offer. You seem to fit the mold of others here. Nothing on the horizon at the moment. Not sure if I can break free for Bakersfield myself. Please know that everyone here greatly appreciates your offer.

Patrick:
What a great post! I’d been toying with this idea for several years as my chassis sat outside and “aged”. I’m not sure what took me so long to pull the trigger. By the way - that is a fantastic looking original ‘16 touring!

Harold:
Your enthusiasm is both noted And Appreciated! We visit Whidbey Island regularly. You live in a wonderful little corner of our country.

Gene:
Thanks for keeping the pressure on. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 12:17 am:

Dennis:
We did not receive running boards. If the carrier accepted them as you had them they should be able to deliver them. Hopefully you have some sort of paper trail. I would hate to think some valuable parts to any collector have been lost due to incompetence. They certainly aren't to heavy or bulky to handle.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration