Mid Atlantic Pre War Swap Meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Mid Atlantic Pre War Swap Meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, November 27, 2014 - 06:20 am:

Heads up: Over on MTFCI there is a NEW SWAP MEET listed. Mid-Atlantic Pre War Swap Meet in Luray VA, 5/14/15-5/16/15. Check it out and lets all try to go. Web site www.mapwsm.com Thanks Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett on Thursday, November 27, 2014 - 09:22 am:

From an English perspective, mid-Atlantic means somewhere near the Azores. How confusing! Never mind, have fun in Virginia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, November 27, 2014 - 10:02 am:

FYI: Looks like the Brass in Berk's CO tour with the HCCA starts the day after this swap meet. I may go to both. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, December 03, 2014 - 01:48 pm:

With the posts about swap meets closing thought I bring to top so some one would see it. Let's get this going.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 10:20 am:

Thanks Dan for posting. We are excited to start a Swap Meet here in Virginia. I encourage all to attend. We will need Vendors to make this a success. Camping on site is permitted by vendors. This event will help support the local VFW Comer-Jones Post 621. There is an early registration discount if you register by January 31.

We have registered vendors with Model T Parts( Brass & Black era) , Model A Parts, Hit & Miss parts and engines, tractors,and and an early bailer. The Luray Caverns Car & Carriage Museum will be selling some of their overstock inventory. At this point I do not know what they will offer. The Car & Carriage Museum was just recently featured on American Pickers. This should be interesting.
Please Contact me if you are interested or have any Questions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Nichols on Wednesday, December 10, 2014 - 01:33 pm:

Jem.
Your reference to where the mid Atlantic area was meant to you as somewhere near the Azores.
New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Delaware to me are the mid Atlantic states. Virginia, I consider a part of Dixie. After all
everything south of the Mason and Dixon's line ( Southern border of PA ) was the dividing line.
I may be incorrect about Delaware and Maryland,
but at my age I am allowed to have slippage in my mind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 01:30 pm:

We're talking about coming out from the Tidewater (Norfolk/Va Beach) area for this. Interest is growing - be sure to tell everyone to bring good old spark plugs for my collection!
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 02:37 pm:

Is this meet going to be advertised in the Vintage Ford(MTFCA magazine) and Hemmimgs? A lot of people read these magazines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 05:02 pm:

I never did get the need to muddy the waters with the term "Mid-Atlantic". Being a Marylander by birth, (West Virginian by choice in my old age) I can assure you that the South begins at the Dixie line (border between Maryland and PA). After all, Maryland provided more solders to the Confederacy than the state of Florida.

In any event, back to what matters... the swap meet in Luray. I am looking forward to it and will spread the word. I can't wait!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 07:56 pm:

I'm looking forward to this! I know the area well and when I've shown up for a Auction in the area for A or T parts People show up from all the surrounding states! Great Location! I will bring A and T parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 08:16 pm:

Terry, Thanks for your interest in the swap meet. If you plan to be a vendor, sign up before Jan. 31 and get a $10 discount on your spaces. John, Yes this has been advertised in the last issue of the T Times and the Vintage Ford Magazines. I will look into running an ad in Hemmings. James, Being born a Yankee (PA) and marrying a VA southern bell I felt it necessary to remain silent on the North-South thing. All are welcome and we still need more vendors.
www.mapwsm.com for registration.
By the way John N. you are welcome here in "Dixie"
We may even have some good old Appalachian Blue Grass music at the meet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 06:23 am:

Dennis... You are a wise man! I married a woman from Wisconsin!! She reminds me daily just how much of a southerner I am. Looking forward to the event.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Monday, January 26, 2015 - 11:19 pm:

Remember in order to get the 25% savings on vendor spaces your registration needs to be sent on or before January 31.
Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone in May here in the Shenandoah Valley of VA at the Mid Atlantic Pre War Swap Meet.
www.mapwsm.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 06:51 am:

I know that those from Virginia will take offense - but, if we're just real and honest for a minute - I've been to and lived all up and down the east coast. In terms of people and culture the Dixie line has shifted south. It is now roughly the border between North Carolina and Virginia.

Granted, there are rednecks and even white trash from Florida to Alaska. Some would consider that one and the same with being Southern. But in terms of Southern culture, Virginia has been invaded by Yankees. Head North from NC and it gets really hard really quick to find good grits, sweet tea, fried chicken, anybody saying yes ma'am or no ma'am, and there is definitely no one who waves while you're in a modern car. Speaking of cars, there is an epidemic of horn honking in Virginia. As any Southerner would know honking one's horn is just downright impolite and to be avoided unless an accident is impending.

But back to the matter at hand! I look forward to a swap meet that I can actually make it to. I don't have anything to vend but can't wait to spend some $$$. I'll be saving up between now and then. This is exciting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 07:05 am:

You got to get on some of the back roads of Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia Seth... That's where you'll find the locals who have been there all their lives. Sweet Tea and Grits are still served with regularity here. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 07:25 am:

James I will concede there are probably still pockets of resistance. But in general they are just pockets, at least in my experience. As others on here like to say: your mileage may vary. Haha, there are good folks everywhere if you look hard enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 07:19 pm:

Red Eye Gravy can still be found here for your grits. Mathews Va.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

How bout black eyed peas and sausage n' biscuits for breakfast ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 08:04 pm:

Ain't nothin' better!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard on Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 08:19 pm:

I'm looking forward to it, it's only 1.5 hours away from me in Fredericksburg. I'll make home made sausage gravy 'n buttermilk biscuits for breakfast before I leave!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 04:02 pm:

Steve just be sure to bring some of that Piedmont Biscuits & Gravy over here in the Blue Ridge. I believe if you drive fast enough they will still be warm when you get here!!!

Thanks Fred & Dan for your registration. See ya in May

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 11:31 am:

Check Out our website www.mapwsm.com We have updated the vendor list and added a printable flyer for you to pass on to those who may be interested. Go to the About page for the vendor list. I will update the vendor list as we receive them. Thank you and looking forward to the meet.
If any of the vendors registered have cars or important items for sale that they would want a picture posted to the website I will be glad to do so. Send picture to my email listed on the flyer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 10:54 am:

Good news for Registered Vendors at the Mid Atlantic Pre War Swap Meet. The President of the Luray Caverns Corporation has informed me that all registered vendor to the swap meet will receive a free pass to the Luray Caverns. This will include a free self guided tour of the Luray Car & Carriage Museum and the Valley Heritage Museum. This is a value of $26.00 general admission adult ticket. This is a great opportunity to visit. Thank you Luray Caverns

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 09:04 am:

Dennis post the info on this site.
http://www.carclubcouncil.com/cal.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 12:36 pm:

Done Fred , Thank you for the reference

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 12:43 pm:

Sure. Most of the VA. car clubs follow the site! Should pull in alot of Sellers.
Also post it in the Valley Trader.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration