OT - One proud dad, and there is a T photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - One proud dad, and there is a T photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 02:58 pm:

Our 13 touring and youngest daughter, about nine years ago:

(it was 10 degrees F)

And last year:

She made varsity as a freshman and tonight is the first game of the season. Obviously, I'm one proud dad........

My dad, her grandfather, will be at the game. He started for the same school as a sophomore, in 1937!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 03:22 pm:

Keep them coming, it is good to be a proud dad.

My daughter graduated from high school on Tuesday night and I even had the pleasure, along with every other father, brother or grandfather, to have the opening dance with her. Like Rob above, I can only share the pride we felt on the night. For the record, she is learning to drive a model 'T'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tex Holtby on Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 03:39 pm:

Rob - Congrats on your daughter's accomplishment! My oldest son attends RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) and starts as a catcher on RIT's baseball team. This is the same college my father attended (my dad will turn 100 years old in 5 months)! My sons 4 years playing varsity baseball in college went way too fast. Go to every game and event you can as it will be over before you know it! My other son plays varsity lacrosse in college (as I did) in Western NY. The oldest son prefers our model T while the younger son has already claimed the model A (I'll keep working on him)! For my boys, playing a sport in college gave them the life lesson on how important time management skills are. Good for your daughter - Enjoy every minute of it! Tex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Partington on Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 04:40 pm:

Have a look at page 23 of the new Model T Times & see why I am such a proud Grandad. My beautiful Nicola aged 13 has written her first T article & it is printed in the MTFCI T Times just released.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Friday, December 05, 2014 - 11:21 am:

Doug, I saw that, you should be one proud grandad. Looks like you'll need to bring quite an entourage to the U.S. next year, with all these well deserving grandkids who really need to see Detroit, Lincoln, and all the other great motoring sights..... Great article!

Tex and David, thank you for sharing your similar experiences. I'm thrilled this daughter has such an intense interest in sports. Hopefully, it will keep her from interests such as boys, boys, and, did I mention, boys......

Last evening turned out as well as I could have hoped. Anna started Junior Varsity, and was the leading scorer, canning one three, six of seven free throws, and a couple of two-point shots. Her team won by one point.

She then was the first freshman off the bench in the first varsity game of her career, playing almost two entire quarters (students are only allowed six quarters in Junior Varsity-Varsity games played on the same day). This morning i asked her what her next goal was and she nonchalantly said "start varsity."

Now, back to old car topics.

One proud pop......

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Friday, December 05, 2014 - 02:53 pm:

Rob, keep us posted!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Nichols on Friday, December 05, 2014 - 03:01 pm:

Tex Holtby.

I have a grand nephew who is in his 1st year at R.I.T on a $40,000.00 Scholarship. When he was
10 years old, I taught him to drive my Lawn Tractor and how to safely operate it. I Then
let him mow our lawn every summer for pay every 10 days. The boy showed me he was not a slacker
and definitely was very smart. Having four daughters and no sons, he was my surrogate son.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tex Holtby on Friday, December 05, 2014 - 10:27 pm:

John - PM Sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tex Holtby on Friday, December 05, 2014 - 10:29 pm:

John - PM sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, December 05, 2014 - 11:20 pm:

What a pretty young woman.

I'm sure a real credit to her parents.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 09:24 am:

Great fun watching our kids. A friend sent these pics of our daughter stealing the ball during the varsity game. One of the strong points of her game is defense. I won't post on this thread anymore, just enjoying the moment. Have a good weekend,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor on Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 03:20 pm:

Well put me in the proud Dad category, my Son Christopher was appointed Eagle Scout yesterday at his board of review, at age 14.

Chris has learned many skills thanks to scouting he also learned how to drive a T before I did.

EagleScout

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, December 08, 2014 - 06:25 am:

Rob,

The absolute best thing to be in Life ...

Is a Dad ... :-)

My youngest daughter at 6 .....

" Goofball Jones "

Can you guess which picture Dad took and which one is a ' selfie ' ?

She is 9 now - she has been with me to the MTFCA Museum at least once and was ' unimpressed ' .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Monday, December 08, 2014 - 11:05 am:

We can also be proud of our daugter-in-laws! Here's a picture of my daughter (25) on the left, and daughter-in-law (28) on the right at a recent WWII re-enacting event we were all at. They are both in Red Cross Motor Corps uniforms. My daughter can drive the T, A, and Jeep. My daughter-in-law is Russian from Siberia.
Red Cross Motor Corps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 10:24 am:

Before the new forum kicks off, an update on our basketball playing daughter. She's now the first or second off the bench in varsity games, and currently the third leading scorer on the team. Not bad for a freshman. In her last game she was the leading scorer for the team.

Between freshman, junior varsity and varsity games, our social calendar is busy for quite a while (and I wouldn't have it any other way :-) ):

Happy New Year,

rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 10:31 am:

Congrats, Rob!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 11:43 am:

That's how Becky Hammon (WNBA) got her start. She edged her way into the sport with great defense and scoring then became one of the best players in college and the WNBA. At 5'6" that's no small feat. She is now an assistant coach with the San Antonio Spurs. The first full time female assistant coach in NBA history. In fact, the first in any of the four major sports in North America.

I wish her the best in whatever challenge she seeks.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration