Holiday Motor Excursion

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Holiday Motor Excursion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, December 25, 2014 - 11:47 am:

Just a reminder to not miss the Holiday Motor Excursion touring the Pasadena area. It's sponsored by the Horseless Carriage Club of Southern Cal.

Come enjoy many unusual and often one of a kind autos and motorcycles before the run at the Irwindale Raceway. Gates open at 7:00. Tour starts at 10:00. The exciting place to watch is in line at the gate as all the cars exit. Tour is open to all 1930 and earlier cars but No Hotrods!

Perfect Rosebowl weather is predicted again this year. See you There!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Thursday, December 25, 2014 - 12:45 pm:

Here's a link to the registration form:

http://www.hccsc.info/files/2015hme.pdf

1932 and earlier stock vehicles allowed on the tour. Later vehicles may come for the morning gathering in the parking lot but may not go on the tour. Hundreds of cars!

See my video from last year for a idea of how this event goes :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN5UZ1KQsas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Thursday, December 25, 2014 - 02:12 pm:

Bill & Cindy:

Really can't be there on Sunday, but will look forward to your video of the day's events !! Thanks again, we appreciate your efforts.

Bob & Gail Jablonski
New Jersey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Thursday, December 25, 2014 - 05:05 pm:

Gene, Ralph and Frank, I really really wish I was there this year. I have a road trip planned in it's place and will up date everyone when it's a done deal. The nice weather is a big plus. Hope everyone enjoys it and A Merry Christmas. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Thursday, December 25, 2014 - 09:35 pm:

After five years of being off the road (broken torque tube at the spool mounting flange), the '26 Touring is rolling again.

Unless I'm in a body cast, I'll be there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, December 26, 2014 - 12:49 am:

We'll be looking to see you there Mike, Sorry we'll miss you Jerry. I'll say "Hi" to Jay for you.

It's been real bad coastal fog here the last few nights but looks like it'll be dry come Sunday for the run up the length of the 605 at O Dark Thirty. My wife Jackie is going along on her first Pasadena Tour.

I'll miss my Friend Ralph as we have done many of the last tours together.

Ralph, I hope you can make it up there if only for a short time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 06:06 pm:

The Long Beach Model T Club will be leaving the corner of Spring & Palo Verde tomorrow at 6:00am to caravan up to the HME. Other antiques are welcome to travel along with us.
Cindy & I will attempt to video record the event as in past years. Our video equipment is now obsolete (much like our vehicles) so please allow me some time to edit a video after the excursion.
See you tomorrow :-)

HME

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 01:16 am:

Hope to see many of you guys there. It'll be a perfect clear cool morning for touring around the Rosebowl area.

I'll be making the 33 mile run solo without RDR up the 405 and the length of the 605 freeways in Rememberance of our fellow poster Ralph Ricks.

It's the 59th year of the HME and I can't remember how many RDR and I have both driven our T's there. I hope Ralph will be able to attend at least part of the show and see the cars and say hello to our many friends there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 02:11 am:

I'll be there incognito (which means I'm not bringing my 16 coupelet).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 02:37 am:

In past years you have visited a garage with a T Town car in it. If you go there again could you get some pictures of it please? I love town cars and they are so rare! Have a gr4eat day. It looks like a good day. Wish Fast Frank and Humble Howard all the best fro the new year from over here in Oz if they are about on the day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 01:02 pm:

Will enjoy the video. Thanks in advance!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Monday, December 29, 2014 - 12:34 am:

We had a great time today. Many friends from our HCCA, Antique Motorcycle Club and of course Model T Ford club connections.
Cindy & I did do a video but I cannot get it uploaded to Youtube. Here's a link to Facebook... not sure if you folks will be able to view it?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203323356384721

HME14

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, December 29, 2014 - 01:05 am:

Bill & Cindy:

Thanks for sharing your video, the link worked.

Bob Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Skille on Monday, December 29, 2014 - 01:29 am:

Nice coverage Bill. I was there and you show a few things that I missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, December 29, 2014 - 03:17 am:

The link works great for me too.
Thanks for showing the video.
As always it is first class.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, December 29, 2014 - 03:21 am:

Bill & Cindy Harris - Great video! Really enjoyed it! Boy,...you guys must have started out at least a little bit before oh dark thirty, huh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 29, 2014 - 11:31 am:

Thanks, Cindy. . . . Bill, too.

Was good to see everybody again. I just don't have the stamina to ride the whole route, so we just attended the prelim. Did you see Randy Ema's Model A Duesenberg? I would have liked to learn more about it.

I didn't see Leno; what did he bring?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, December 29, 2014 - 12:04 pm:

Thank you to Bill and Cindy for a wonderful video! :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 29, 2014 - 03:53 pm:

Son Ross just found 246 pix:

Leno drove a Bentley saloon.

6040: . I believe it's a 1910 Pierce with all the sparkplugs.

6069: . The two Brits who do a car rebuild and sale show on Velocity channel.

6070: . Raider and me, and Ross.

http://public.fotki.com/dealwisl/the-59th-annual-hor/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, December 29, 2014 - 06:24 pm:

Ralph: Great pictures, great that you were there to enjoy the experience...... kinda wish I was there just to see the magnitude of people & history.
Happy New Year to you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 01:28 am:

It was a beautiful cold day with the snow capped mountains in the background. The last time I saw Jay, he and a couple of other guys were pushing a car around the parking lot trying to get it started.

Thanks Bill and Cindy for the video and to Ross and RDR for posting some cool pics of the day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 09:02 am:

Great pics/vid. Good looking pooch Ralph! Happy New Year everyone.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 03:02 pm:

Great video. Thanks for sharing it with us. This was my 20-something Holiday Motor Excursion. I didn't bring a car for the first time (it killed me!) because I had to leave the tour and go straight to LAX and would not have had time to take the car home. It was great being a passenger, but not nearly as fun as a driver.
What really struck me about this year's event was the abundance of YOUNG people on the tour-not only as passengers but as driver's as well. I also noticed a lot of young families that were driving some nice early cars that I had never seen before. The HCCA seems to be good at attracting young people. Maybe it is a family/generational thing? I don't know. I left the tour feeling that this hobby will be around for many, many years to come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 12:10 am:

I was finally able to get the video to upload to Youtube. This is also a slightly longer version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPkQrGmVt0s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 01:06 am:

Looks like lots of fun Bill,..Thanks for posting that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 03:53 am:

Thanks Bill H!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 10:33 am:

Thanks Bill. Lots of neat cars!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 11:01 am:

Diane & I are wanting to add this event to our "Bucket List" one of these years ! Great video, Bill - Thanks !

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration