Neat gas gauge revisited

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Neat gas gauge revisited
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 01:30 pm:

The weather here today is horrible so I began to restore a gas gauge found on a 1927 coupe. One of the things I love about this hobby is the interesting trivia associated with accessory T items. The glass tube is monogramed - MONCRIEFF'S "PERTH" SCOTLAND. A little computer research produced that they were a company that produced glass tubes for the steam locomotive industry. Unfortunately this tube is cracked all the way around in one spot so I am going to carefully reassemble and use as a display piece. Just an interesting bit of information I thought I would share. Harvgas gauge revisitedgas gauge revisitedgas gauge revisitedgas gauge revisited

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim york on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 06:56 pm:

Harvey, a neon sign guy should be able to weld it if it is soda glass, maybe not if it is pyrex. Jim Y

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 08:10 pm:

Thanks Jim, I think I'll just leave it alone and display it. I am beginning to acquire a small collection of aftermarket accessories for the Model T. Thanks for the suggestion. Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 09:07 pm:

Gas gauge ? We call those "water sights" when piped into a steam locomotive backhead.
Tells the fireman the water level in the boiler to better regulate the water injectors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 09:09 am:

Thanks Burger, This one was mounted next to the passenger door on a 1927 coupe that is my next restoration project. according to the computer the Mongrieff's company made many types of glass tubes for various applications. Neat info. Thanks. - Harv.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration