OT. The meaning of friends

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT. The meaning of friends
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 08:55 pm:

Although i have not personally met many of the people on this forum I feel that I have a connection with many of you so you will understand

Today we learned that one or my wife's friends died in Dec 30th and it is one of the two that she has been close to over the many years

The friend called a few weeks ago and left a message on the answering machine and my wife sent a Christmaes card saying that she would call after the hectic Holiday

Needless to say this is a sad time at our home and our hope is that Paula is in a better place.

Now it is too late ! I guess that the message is -- always appreciate the contact you have with friends because yo never know when it will be the last time in this life .

As we get older we begin to look at life differently !!

We are now planning on visiting her other "best friend" in Ohio because it is important to remember that people are more important than things

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 09:37 pm:

Fred

You are so correct!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 09:39 pm:

It was a USMC thing ... have no regrets. Do what needs to be done. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 09:50 pm:

Fred,

I'm sorry to hear the sad news. And you are correct; the most important things in life are not things.

Since she was your wife's close friend, you may want to make sure you are supporting your wife during this time. And if you are like I was before I lost someone who was very close to me, you may not be the most sensitive person and/or you may not know about the importance of letting them work through their grief. I found the short information at: http://www.way2hope.org/5_stages_of_grief_and_loss.htm helpful. And in my own faith walk I’ve found the country song by “Brad Paisley - When I Get Where I am Going” has helped me let go and move on. If you wife hates country or is of a different belief it might make things worse. But I would suggest you listen to it at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHT-TF4KO4 and see if you think it would be of any help to her. Caution sometimes the commercial before the song starts doesn't fit well. And when the music is over click out. They often have a follow on song that isn't helpful either.

I’ll be praying that you find ways that are meaningful to your wife to let her know you care and that what she is going through is a normal part of life. It hurts – and it takes a while to get through it. But we don’t want to get stuck in anger or denial.

And thank you for the reminder that I need to be intentional about keeping and building those relationships.

God Bless,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 10:57 pm:

Hap, very gentle yet powerful. Thanks. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 02:44 am:

How many people at the end look back at their lives and say, "I wish I'd spent more time at work and less with my family"? Not many. I guess that goes for friends, too. When I send out the email for the annual family reunion I include a reminder that it may be your last chance to see some of us.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration