Regarding tire size and wheel size

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Regarding tire size and wheel size
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 10:03 pm:

my 1932 B wheels have 525/550x18 tires on them now. will a 475/525x18 tire work? If so, what size inner tube would be correct? I believe there is a 450/550x18 tube. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 10:27 pm:

Tyrone,
I have run those wheels on one of my speedsters since the 70's. I'm not with the car to read the exact size on the tires, but I'd think they should work for you. I went through several cheap center-stem tubes, until I finally turned loose of the money and bought the good ones with the offset stems. I've had no problems with them since.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 10:46 am:

Mike. I'm glad you mentioned about the off set stems. They are expensive but if they work right, than they are worth the money. Thanks again.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration