The EE crankshaft identificatuion

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: The EE crankshaft identificatuion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 01:52 am:

Go to 4th webb for EE markings

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 06:52 am:

Not all EE cranks are marked on the 4th web. Sometimes the EE marking is found stamped into the very front of the crankshaft.

Respectfully Submitted,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 07:16 am:

There seem to be many EE marking locations on those cranks. I've got one of the EE's stamped on the end and one different than the pic above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 08:53 am:

Bob,
That one is a Canadian EE, The D tells you, all the canadian rods,caps, drums have that marking.The trans drums are thicker and they used a different sand in the castings, they are smoother and the ones I have done all the drums where crack free? I do not know if that was luck or better drums?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 10:02 am:

Mr Bell Do you know when that D starts to show up on parts Being in Canada I have seen it, our 1912 has some DB markings but not as many as the US cars. Our car was and is a very good original car but such things as are pedels are not marked at all. Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

Colin,
The earliest canadian engine that I rebuilt was a 23 and the D was on it. The D has another casting in it also like part of an E as the picture shows. The 13 canadian I had done had the Made in USA chiseled off some say that is what they did but I can not say for sure?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the EE marking between #1 and #2 rod throws in my july 27, 1925 first day 26 style engine :-)

Maybe it's been swapped? I thought EE cranks were more common during the last year of production?

crank
(Yes, I'm using early timing gears - won't use any generator, so they'll work - and hopefully add an old fashioned whine to the sound from the engine ;) )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 12:55 pm:

I came across a standard-size EE crank a short time ago and took it to my local engine shop to have it reground to 10 & 10. I had it and another earlier T crank there at the same time. They both were standing on the floor with the flange end down while I was telling him how the EE ones are supposed to be made of better steel than the others. He took an end wrench and tapped both of them on the front end of the shaft. The earlier one gave a clear ring, but it stopped ringing in 2 or 3 seconds. The EE crank rang forever, it seemed. He said, "That's good steel." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 03:36 pm:

Roger, I have seen them in plenty of 25 blocks, never in an USA in 24 but the Canadian 24's I have seen a couple, but they had D with the EE so that made me wonder was the Canadian's the first with this different Alloy crank?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

just a note that D if you look closely is FD there is a small tail on the edge of the D and at the top of the D

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration