Was the season.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Was the season.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 03:06 pm:

Well the tree is striped and down,and Grandmaw has about 3 hours in just getting that far.I hope the Spirit last longer than the season!! 3 hours into a 5 hour job.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 09:23 pm:

Saturday is our day to strip and pack. We did the big deal decorating for the grand kids and guess what they did not even come over for a look.

Guess next year we can leave everything in the barn in boxes and save all the time and energy.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

When we bought a big screen tv 5 years ago there is no longer room for a full size tree. We bought two fake trees three feet tall and set one on each end of the mantle. If it were up to me I would never take the decorations off. I would just slip a lawn and leaf bag over each tree and put them in the attic. That way, set up next year would be no more than getting them out of the attic and plugging them in. SWMBO ( she who must be obeyed ) however takes them off every year. I find something to do during that period. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 11:39 pm:

One of the perks (?) of being single is having complete control over what happens at Christmas time in my house. This is the first Christmas in 4 years I've had a Christmas tree. I bought a very low cost pre-decorated tree at Walmart. Tomorrow I'll carry it into one of the empty walkin closets, and shut the door behind me. If it's there next December and I'm not dead, I'll bring it back out and plug it in. Happy Hanukah.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 02:03 am:

When I was a kid, my dad used to insist on taking the tree down real early in the morning, like around 6 or so. The ornaments would be off in about an hour and the lights pretty much half that time (he wasn't gentle about it). In no time our tree would be sitting outside the house waiting for trash day.
Then he'd pack us all in the car, and we'd be off to Disneyland. He figured that New Years day was the best time to go because everybody would be home either watching and re-watching (as he put it) that stupid parade and after that they'd all be watching those stupid football games (sports wasn't a big thing in my dads life). For the most part he was right too, there was hardly nobody there until around a little past noon or so, which was nice. Now a days it seems folks have caught onto my dads trick, because everybody and their distant aunts and uncles are there no matter whether there's a parade or bowl game or what have you. I think today New Years Day has become one of their busiest business days of the year. Besides it's too bloody expensive to go to Disneyland these days, I'll leave that to all you out of town folks and use my money towards Model T parts, besides playing with my Model T is more fun than Disneyland anyway.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 07:36 am:

My wife wants to know why it takes me 3 days to put everything up but only 3 hours to take it down?
Done until November 27th 2015 I think I will take a nap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 10:14 am:

Mike,

Be sure to keep your new tree watered thru the year, other wise next year all the needles will be on the floor.

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 11:08 am:

Brass car guy, I'll heed the warning. The last thing I need is dead plastic spruce needles all over the closet floor. Not to mention the fire hazard when I plug it in again next December.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 11:27 am:

Fastidious neighbor has all his decs down the day after, about when wifey finishes decorating. Ours stay up until after Jan. 6, the 3 Kings day, or something.

We don't have snow, but I see frost on a neighbor's roof.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 02:03 pm:

I threaten to just wrap the tree in stretch wrap to keep the dust off and leave it in the family room til next year but I was voted down - 50 to 0 - only two voted and my vote did not count

Looks like I lost again so I am going to the garage and work on the Model A in hopes of getting it running by spring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Williamson - NSW, Australia on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 04:45 pm:

I wasn't allowed to put the tree up this year :-( because we are moving house.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration