1912 Coil testing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1912 Coil testing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Musegh Kalon on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 03:25 pm:

Can someone tell me how I can check some 1912 coils? I have an ohmmeter and a Fluke tester but don't know what the settings or voltage needs are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 07:28 pm:

What make are they? A 1912 Ford could have come from the factory with Heinze, Kingston, or (if it's a very late '12) K-W coils.

Also, are you wanting to test some coils to see if their windings are good, or do you want to calibrate working coils?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Musegh Kalon on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 04:29 pm:

I have some of each. I want to test the windings and then calibrate some working ones for air gaps, etc.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration