E Timer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: E Timer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 04:10 pm:

I know it can be a sore point for some and no one who has used one has a bad thing to say about them. (I think) I just want to add my 2 cents worth with nothing but 'praise' for it.
My 16 has been busting my chops with timer, coils and magneto problems for several weeks, not wanting to pull the engine, I fitted the E Timer and with what voltage is left in the magneto (13volts) is charging the 6 volt battery.
The T has never ran so good and that's saying something as my 16 has always been a good hill puller and good for 50+mph
The problem I have now is I can go even harder and the wheel balance is out of it's comfort zone, well that's a problem I'm willing to live with.

I also had bought a TW timer and fitted that to one of my 26/7's, same again, nothing but praise for that as well, smooth 'as' and hopefully many
maintenance free miles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 04:29 pm:

I know folks cringe at something other than stock. I believe the stock Ford systems works great. In my pickup, I have 4 Patterson coils in a rebuilt Fun Projects box kit, and an Anderson Timer. It works amazingly well.

But sometimes, you have to step away from the norm for one reason or another. My feeling is, as long as it somewhat maintains the "feeling" of the period, I am ok with it. I personally stepped to a Texas T distributor for my tractor because I really didn't have anything to start with. It works great and is simple.

Glad you have had good results with your purchases.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 06:08 pm:

Frank:

May you have many pleasurable and trouble-free miles.

Bob Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 11:12 pm:

Frank, check into getting DynoBeads for your tires. I think 6 oz per tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 03:13 pm:

Frank;

You can mostly forget adjusting your spark settings while driving.

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration