Please...one more time..

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Please...one more time..
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 08:24 am:

Please add your city and state to your name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 09:04 am:

Also.. if no picture.. it didn't happen.

It never ceases to amaze me, people want four and five figures for their property and are to lazy to take a decent picture, what are you hiding?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 09:26 am:

Where's the LIKE button? I'll extend the picture comment to posts where somebody asks a question without specifying the vehicle and tries to describe parts verbally instead of showing a picture. Sometimes I find myself trying to figure out what they're asking rather than trying to answer their question. Almost always, it's best to illustrate the question or comment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 11:04 am:

Sounds like a really good idea!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 11:30 am:

Testing the addition of my location to my name. Hey, it worked! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 11:46 am:

I will add to this; write a TITLE for your question or parts for sale/wanted. Two words does not a title make! If you can't post photos then open a Photobucket of Flicker account and put the photos there with a link in your ad or question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 11:51 am:

I have my city and state in my profile page but not behind my name. I don't know how to change it. If anyone needs to see where I'm at they just have to look there. I do look at some profiles to see where some of the classified ads are located or to just see where some posters are from. I notice a lot of people do not list where they are at on their profiles. If the posters city is on their profile it would be a good idea too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 11:57 am:

I wholeheartedly agree with Steve.

A picture IS worth a thousand words! :-)

It also would be nice to know where a poster lives even if it's just a ballpark location.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 01:13 pm:

Jay ~ I like your shirt. I used AE-1's for
years, but found the F-1 too automated for
the type of photography I liked to do. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 01:23 pm:

Herb

Select user profile at the top of the page and enter your logon info. Then add your location to your screen name and save it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 01:34 pm:

Thanks guys, a location also helps me decide how far I will travel for a classified. A phone number wouldn't hurt either...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 02:06 pm:

I can not find my screen name in the user profile, and my location is in my user name but not on my posts, obviously, it is possible to add the location, but everywhere I look on my profile, my location is already there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 02:23 pm:

Go to your profile and do it like this:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 02:24 pm:

It's the "Full Name" field.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 02:25 pm:

Ops! Mark snips faster. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 02:25 pm:

It is in your full name line.

It should Like this
A. Gustaf Bryngelson - somewhere interesting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 02:26 pm:

LOL. There are loads of people faster than me :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 02:31 pm:

Ok Fred,
That is what I will put:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 02:52 pm:

Did you click on "Save Profile Changes"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 03:17 pm:

LOL. There are loads of people faster than me :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 06:08 pm:

I think it's the "full name" line. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 06:35 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 06:43 pm:

Full name line ,click save ,at the top it will say changes saved

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 06:46 pm:

Good idea, I changed mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

Thanks to everyone that includes their location. This should be requirement to register.

I have to tell the story again..... When I first started on this site I saw another poster from my hometown. Turned out it was Ralph Ricks practically a next door neighbor close enough to look out my window and wave to him!

Everyone knows how lazy many are on computers and sometimes if you have to click to find out where a poster is, you pass by and on to the next.

Lets post this again in a few months so everyone has a chance to read and heed. Especially THANKS to the new locations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 07:13 pm:

Done.
Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

Not all of us are that stationary. For instance, for the past five days I have been reading and posting to the Forum from Beijing. Later today I am going to Nanjng, then on to Suzhou, and Shanghai before returning to Beijing. After returning to the states, I have at least one, perhaps two trips to Michigan planned for later this month.

Then there is February...

Respectfully Submitted - From the Chaoyang District of Beijing,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 08:30 pm:

Done,

Dick Fischer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Dorholt - Mpls, MN on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 08:53 pm:

Yep done

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza, north adams ma on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 09:30 pm:

Think I got it set, will need to get some type of pic on that profile as well !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Texas Gulf Coast on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 09:34 pm:

Sorta done

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 09:36 pm:

I just added the location in addition to my profile, what I don't like is posters with no name but some type of "handle" like it is 1970 and they are on a CB radio. I have a name that was given to me by my parents and grandfather.

-just saying-

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Kile ....San Jose CA on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 09:40 pm:

Done, I think...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

What's also nice is a picture of you car in your profile, I for one like looking at them no matter how they look.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

Martin isn't this your profile car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 10:06 pm:

Parts is Parts.:-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTzLVIc-O5E

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 10:13 pm:

Trent must be collecting Chinese parts so he can assemble a Model T knockoff. :-)

Trent - stay away from the Science and Technology underground in Shanghai - none of the stuff is real!
If you do go, remember that the first price is about 10 times too high and you'll probably end up arguing about 17 cents.

Also watch out for the Blue Marlin, Blue Frog, and Flying Fox.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 10:20 pm:

Trent ~

When I was deployed, I was all over RC South in little camps and combat outposts,
but I still had a home address.

BTW - what are you doing in China ? I would love to take a year or two to just
wander China. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen -- Ham Lake, MN on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 11:08 pm:

Took care of mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson (AUS) on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 01:49 am:

"what I don't like is posters with no name but some type of "handle" like it is 1970 and they are on a CB radio. I have a name that was given to me by my parents and grandfather".

My thoughts exactly, Tim.

There are so few of us from down-under I don't believe there'd be any benefit in placing my town of Moruya, NSW, population 7,000, on my user name.....although I might.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson (Moruya, NSW, OZ) on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 01:51 am:

OK, you talked me into it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 02:00 am:

As I'm just up the road to Rob I made it the same

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 02:31 am:

John, If they're trying to show how the car goes together, might as well do it the right way in the first place or maybe they just didn't know any better, whichever it is, somebody should've mentioned it before they opened that exhibit...the tire rims should be outboard of the wheels, not inboard (good luck fixing a flat).

But really I see the car exploded not just vertically, but horizontally as well, there's too much to show for vertical alone.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 03:37 am:

Martin, I see what you mean now that I study it, but when I first saw that sculpture I immediately thought of your wonderful work!

Maybe you should consider doing a full size real life illustration...Now that would be something worth driving to SoCal for!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams, Hillsboro Oregon on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 06:00 am:

Done I hope.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 09:40 am:

I wonder why some folks use their real name on one forum and a pseudonym on others. Not complaining, just wondering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 09:54 am:

I used a pseudonym in the early years because that's the way it was done on forums. This site became more personal. :-)

Some other "handles" I've used:

CCWKen
Tinhack
Carwiz
Ken in Texas

And maybe some others lost in cyberspace left unused.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 09:55 am:

is mine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 10:21 am:

I always liked seeing the poster's location because it seems there are so few of us here in Washington State and I'm always looking for new people and new places to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 11:59 am:

John,

You're always welcome here. I am not much of T hoarder yet to keep a T fanatic
spellbound, but I know who is ! There are a couple guys in Spokanistan who have
T's .... :-)

I can hardly wait to drive my T out across the desert when the weather sweetens
up. Hop on 12 to Yak-ee-mah and then go cross country to Vernita, Connel, Kahlotus,
and a whole lot of scablands. The desert is wonderful when everything is green and
in bloom. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 07:48 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 08:37 am:

Here's mine. If you see center pivot irrigation with a "VALLEY" sign on it, they are made 4 miles from my house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 09:09 am:

Help me understand,I am younger and dumber than a rock but is a mouse that hard to right clic and check out a profile?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 09:19 am:

Are you kidding? Some of these guys get confused with more than one Tab/Window open at once. Then you might have to explain "Flip 3D". :-)

I sometimes have 7-10 pages open across two screens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 09:34 am:

Tom
I worked at Valmont in Irrigation in the early 70s. My cousin Mitch still works there. My Mom and his Dad are from Valley. My Dad and his Mom are from Elkhorn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 09:45 am:

Mack -- Lots of our posters don't provide any info in their profile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 09:52 am:

oh ok, I tried to make sure I covered all the essentials in mine. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 11:44 am:

Mike is correct. Vague questions and uninformative profiles seem to go together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

Got mine done. Thanks for the reminder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 12:59 pm:

Test to see if my location shows up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 01:31 pm:

I've been saying that for years! Thanks Wes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason, Whittier, CA on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 01:48 pm:

Whittier, CA
Not Whittier, AK
Best regards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 02:08 pm:

Why is there a continued interest in the personal information of participants on this forum?

I think the forum has gotten along just fine for many years without it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Ragland , Pea Ridge Arkansas on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 03:21 pm:

Here is mine. I'm counting down the days to Chickasha! I hope to meet and say hi to some of the forum members there. Last year I saw a lot of faces, but didn't know many at all. I think that name tags with our names and where we are from would help bring us closer together as a club.

Greg Ragland

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

Well, Dan, as has been mentioned, you might find out your neighbor has a T! In this forum we really are family! And you know, where there's a will, there's usually relatives. . .

Trent, YOU could put down, "Somewhere on Earth" or Somewhere interesting on Earth." Of course, if you are doing something "secret" for someone, I suppose you could put down "Classified" or "Top Secret." :-)

OK guys, "It's a JOKE son, I says a JOKE!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 04:08 pm:

Some may not want their neighbor knowing they have a T.

I don't understand the NEED myself. Sure, it's interesting and I think most do it, but why the DEMAND that EVERYONE do it? I say if the MTFCA decides all forum participants HAVE to do this, then participants can decide whether they want to do it, or not participate, or give a fake location, which I'm sure anyone who feels strongly about not giving their location but still wants to participate, will do. So what good is that? And if it is not the MTFCA that requires it, why does anyone else feel the need to make such a demand of their fellow members here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 04:34 pm:

Did somebody demand?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 04:50 pm:

Well yea, if the title of this thread is any indication of the incessant request to publicize this needless information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Mokelumne Hill, Calif. on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 04:52 pm:

Changed mine just cuz I could.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 05:04 pm:

Steve,

Sorry but, yeah, I'm kinda with Dan B. It keeps coming up over and over, and a title of "Please...one more time" indeed does sound kinda demanding. If folks don't want to put their location, I don't believe they should have to. Some may well have their reasons for not doing so and I feel that should be respected.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 05:11 pm:

I dunno. "Please" sounds more requesting to me than demanding. Perhaps it's a regional variation.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 05:40 pm:

I think if it is displayed or in the profile is OK. I do agree just having it in at least one place helps. You don't have to put you address for darn sakes, but even just a general area will suffice--heck, even if it is just the state. If someone on here really wants to know more, they can PM you if they wonder if your really close by.

On the flip side, I totally get the too much info out there thing. I wish I could take back some of which I have given out over the years. So bottom line is it is your choice as a poster here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 07:16 pm:

Test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

I may play a little devil's advocate, after I first say that I like knowing what part of the country (and world) people here are from. Between a general interest in cultures and history, it makes many things more interesting to know that some people live in places my ancestors did. I like being able to connect people to specific cultures and histories. I also often like to know who is within a few hours drive from my home or other places I know well.
I appreciate when people use their real names, and give a regionally recognizable location. I was not near the first to do so, but was one of the early ones to add my town and state.

However.

I personally know several people, including a few regulars on this forum, that have very good reasons for not using their full or real name and not wanting to tell where they are within a traceable few hundred miles.Too much information on the internet can be a very serious problem for anybody, and some have more to fear from it than others. There are actually a few regulars on this forum that give a lot more information about themselves than I would advise. If they are comfortable with that, I am fine with it also. I am interested in what they do, and I would never do anything to harm them.
I do not want to frighten anybody out of giving their home location, if they are willing. I appreciate knowing this for people I consider to be friends. But I also understand if someone is not comfortable with giving out that information (whether it is readily available on the internet or not). All it takes is a psycho ex, or other family you really wish you could claim were not relatives. There are many other very good reasons to keep a certain level of anonymity. I won't say what some of them are.
While I would like to encourage others here to put their real name and general location so that it automatically appears at the heading of each post? I would not want anyone to feel pressured to do so if they have any reason what-so-ever to not do so. This forum is as much a home and active club for me these days as anything else. I have used my real name here for a long time, and use it on a few other antique automobile sites that I go on occasionally. There, I may want to be recognized by my friends from here. I do know a few people that use their real names here, and pseudonyms on other sites. Actually, there is one history/culture site that I use a pseudonym on. Sometimes I do use my usual sign-off from here, however.

So. To anyone that does not feel that they want to, or should, use their real name? Or location? Do how you feel comfortable. Hopefully, the rest of us can all be understanding and not pressure you to do something that you cannot be comfortable with (while still encouraging others to join us in one of the most open forums on the net).
This forum is different than maybe any other on the internet. Not only do we have many of the most intelligent, and wisest, people on the planet as regulars on here (and Mack Cole, like it or not, you ARE one of those intelligent and wise people), and people from around the world, with so many backgrounds and varied histories, MOST of the people on this site use their real names. MOST of the rest of the internet? Only a very small percentage of posters use their names.
Model Ts are of course what makes this site so special. It is difficult to come on here and bluff your way in. The model T just won't let you.

I think I went a little long. Gee! Ya think? Me? Never.
Have a wonderful day, all.
Drive carefully, and enjoy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William P Schubert....Bay City, Michigan on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 07:33 am:

My confession: I was not a fan of adding my location for the world to see until I saw a post from Don Boothe, Bay City MI. Because he included his location I was able to connect with a fellow T enthusiast 4 miles from my house. I understand the more information you put on the internet the greater the risk, but if an individual is careful and takes appropriate counter measures to insure their safety and the safety of their possessions it becomes a reasonable risk worth taking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 10:02 am:

I wonder how many of the folks who want to keep their location secret on the forum have their address and number listed in the phone book. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 10:21 am:

Phone book, what's that? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 10:31 am:

Me too! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 10:47 am:

Interesting Steve. My wife and I have an "unlisted" land line and we each have a cell phone. I've considered discontinuing the land line as unnecessary, but it seems to serve a couple of purposes:

1. It allow us a number to provide people and companies we do business with on a line we can easily manage.

2. It seems all unwanted calls (scammers) come on n the land line, making it easy to screen. I think they get the number from the folks in item 1 above.

3. The above items assist (I think) in keeping our cell lines private. Only family, friends, and folks like our doctors office get the cell number.

As you can see, I've included my location on my posts here, but Wayne makes a good point. Managing access to personal information has become a practical necessity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 11:55 am:

I would like to add to the CLASSIFIED SECTION Please, Please think about the following.

1. You are asked to preface your ads with FOR SALE or Wanted. I buy parts off of the classified section for things I am working on. Too often when I pull up the AD I find the person is wanting something.

2. If you need a part or selling please put the YEAR. Even a person brand new to Ts should be aware that most all parts changed for 09 to 27.

3. As Wes Nelson asks please put your location after your name. If I see something in the CLASSIFIED SECTION that I want to buy it make a big difference where the location is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 07:04 pm:

Yea, but the phone book doesn't have pictures of our cars or a page called "Let's See Your Shop".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 07:26 pm:

If you are trying to help some one,it helps to know where they are as you may know a guy real close they can contact. Course,if you're ashamed of where you're from... Had a drunk call me one night ,said he was going to come kick my A-- ,I told hm to come on,I'll wait for you. He never did show.Probably a good thing for both of us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 09:30 pm:

I have been assimilated, but resistance was not futile :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 12:38 am:

Unless you are buying parts and want them locally why would you care? Not our business, i don't demand people tell me every aspect of their lives, They would rightly be shocked if i did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 08:29 am:

Sadly phone books are getting lousy and some companys dont even provide them from what I understand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 12:17 pm:

I think it's a excellent idea!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler in Branson, Mo. USA. on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

Ok done it!
I have had lots of trouble with on-line salesmen too.
But I also have 2 web sites for my businesses so I guess it doesn't matter here. They constantly get me here or there. I just have to be FIRM with the calls and friendly or they will PUT your number on a FAVORED list! Yeah! they DO have such a list!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

From the A&E, now Netflix great western TV show filmed in and around Santa Fe, NM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Carson...Carthage NC on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 10:24 pm:

Done!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 12:18 am:

I used to be known as KnobbyKnute when I played games on the internet. I think anonymity on game sites is appropriate, but on here using your name and location is helpful just to know if those who are having a problem are close enough to help out. I also enjoy looking at the profile pic of their cars.

Done...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 10:38 am:

There are a lot of points of view here. I am comfortable with whatever works for each individual. For the record and those who can't figure it out. Ida Fls stands for Idaho Falls which is in Idaho 83401. I guess it is human nature for us to try to tell others what and how other folks should do things.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 03:38 pm:

I'm waiting for a new T owner to pop up from Sulupali Grande or El Pongo :-) We live just above the hot houses in the squared off S with the bottom leg cut off :-) That should cover me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 04:39 pm:

Wes, it took me a couple of tries but I did it. Thanks for asking I do enjoy see where my forum friends live.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

What a great response to this thread, now it's been two months later and I'm still seeing members with no local or pictures in their classified listings. Guys, please don't be afraid, if you're on the net your information is already public. I feel most of us here are friends, united by a common interest...Thanks again guys, Wes Nelson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 09:06 pm:

good idea its nice to know where people are at. my town is so small I put down the big town 10 miles away that nobody ever heard of!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 09:09 pm:

Personally I cant see any advantage in doing it?
Being offshore none of them make any sense to me anyway, the town names or the letters! and I know mine wouldn't mean anything to you. Just two seconds to click the profile if you want to know and then you might also see a pic of their car.
I couldn't care if the very much appreciated advice comes from the moon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 12:28 pm:

I can see the advantage, but I certainly understand why some don't want to. What I do NOT understand is the incessant nagging that someone should have to submit to the wishes of others and do something they do NOT want to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 03:02 pm:

I didn't really want to, but I thought that it was a reasonable request, asked for nicely, so I did it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer---- Klaaswaal NL on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 03:34 pm:

I changed my profile, I hope it works
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

Hooray for everyone who added their city / state. Makes this place feel a lot more "Homey"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 09:22 am:

Hal, Wes made his initial polite request on January 2nd, and a follow-up, equally polite request on May 7th. If that's your idea of "incessant nagging," then you have led a fortunate life.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 10:50 am:

Dick,

Yes, I realize this is an old thread, but the subject seems to come up over and over and inside any of these threads, are repeated requests and justifications and so on, as to why people should do this. Perhaps I should have chosen different phrasing.

I do put my general location on there, but frankly have thought about taking it off just on principle. There are people who want to be anonymous on line. I come very close to being one of them. I certainly understand their way of thinking and I respect it. I feel like everyone else here should respect it too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 01:51 pm:

I thought I had done this already but apparently not. Fixed it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 02:06 pm:

I just changed my profile.It was painless & didn't hurt a bit.
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 05:03 pm:

Hal, your general location serves the purpose. I put "St Louis, MO" even though I live in a nearby suburb. To me, adding the location is like attending a convention and having a badge with your name and where you're from. Perhaps my paranoia quotient is more appropriate to the 1950s than the 2010s, but I don't mind other forum participants (or just lurkers) knowing roughly where I am. I have met some T people in person whom I first encountered on the forum and discovered they lived close by. I also enjoy the fact that I can sit at my computer and be conversing with people on the other side of the world.

"Anonymous on line" certainly has its place, but I don't think that a gathering of Model T guys is that place. If you rang my doorbell with a paper bag over your head, I wouldn't open the door either.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 06:02 pm:

Dan B,
You could always use......
Dan B.- "Witness Protection Program"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 06:40 pm:

Good post Dick Lodge!

I think that those of us who like to see a location beside the name don't really care if it's very precise. It just gives us a general idea of remoteness, weather, etc, etc.

My location shows as Panama City and that is my mailing address, but I live over 25 miles from the center of town. Close enough

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 06:40 pm:

Reviving this thread just pushed out the possibility of me adding my location by at least another 6 months.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 06:55 pm:

Aw, jeez, Dan B.... If I could count on that, I'd revive the thread every five months... :-)

Look, folks, this isn't rocket science. If you want to post on the forum as Mighty Mouse, there is nothing stopping you. No one is coercing you to do anything you don't want to do. Live it up! Some of us have presented what I believe are fair reasons for sharing our locations. If you prefer not to do so for whatever reasons of your own, the rest of us will sleep just fine anyway (and you will sleep even better, secure in the knowledge that you will not be threatened by black helicopters or other nefarious influences).

This exchange is basically, "Say, do you mind telling us where you are?" "Over my dead body!!!" "Oh, okay then..."

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 07:02 pm:

" If I could count on that, I'd revive the thread every five months... :-) "

Incessantly?:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 08:34 pm:

Hal, nothing is incessant. As the old line goes (paraphrased), "Four years ago I culdn't even spell 'septuagenarian' and now I are one." I would probably be good for a few more years, though.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

I hope so.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 09:24 pm:

I have had 3 folks from this forum stop by to see me when they were in the area.
One brought his son and brother too, two others brought their wives.
The first two guys I've seen three times now.
one of them was in the area to see a relative and he stopped by and chatted a couple of hours and had dinner with us when I was stuck in the house for a month after open heart surgery. I really was happy he came by.
I doubt any of that would have happened if I had not put my location on the forum.
I really enjoyed meeting them all three, and their relatives & wives.
I have also done business and arranged to meet others at swap meets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 11:12 pm:

I list my location in my profile as Denver CO. I actually live 15 miles NW of Denver. 100% of the forum members know where Denver is located. I would bet that only .01% know where Arvada CO is located!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 04:45 am:

OK - then lets twist it once more! Inspired of Gary Schreiber - lets put pictures on as its worth a 1000 words:
I dare the risk you all know where Denmark is (and no it is not the capitol of Stockholm :-) ):
Denmark
My Samsung Android telephone reveals that I am in my sofa at the blue dot.
Zooming in you can see my "hood" as suburban but close to open fields (to the right in below picture). Lots of "Model T roads" around:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 05:04 am:

My location is listed in my profile and still
doesn't show up. Also I checked remember me
and that doesn't work either. Another words, this
reply I have to log in. I go to another post to
reply I have to log in again??????????
It use to work...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 08:37 am:

Michael, a Consul General of the Netherlands in Chicago a number of years ago once commented, "The only thing many Americans know about the Netherlands is that Copenhagen is the capital." Even worse is the fact that I work as a Dutch-English translator and have been asked by translation companies (not often, but a few times) if I am available to translate a Dutch document into English. You guessed it. When I get the document, it's in Danish..... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 09:06 am:

As long as we're posting pictures of the location of our favorite sofa ........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 09:07 am:

Samuel

If your running Windows Vista, 7, or 8, I can help with your problem. PM me if you want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

"IF" anyone wishes for information to be shared in order to conform to someone else's pet peeve, shouldn't 'THAT' be up to them? Usually, it is only one more click to find the profile with the info being there, ("IF" it is desired to be shared...) Personally, I refuse to do 'Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Yelp' or even 'texting', etc., because I don't want to!!! And thank God for inventing 'Caller ID'!!! If there is something IMPORTANT, they'll at least leave a voicemail. Just stating my feelings... Cell numbers are for emergencies and 'need-to-know'!
Now that I've vented, I really do wish for all to enjoy a "Happy Mother's Day!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 01:51 pm:

Once we get this all thrashed out we'll tackle the controversy over whether Certs is a breath mint or a candy mint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 02:04 pm:

Yeah, this thread should have been deleted months ago!

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

Steve J
I will have to ask the Doublemint twins.

(Message edited by kirkiep on May 10, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 02:53 pm:

"Excuse me, would you please pass the salt?"

"Heck no, I won't pass the salt!! Why should I care how your food tastes?? Your not having enough salt on your meal is your problem, not mine. Don't make me cater to your stupid, selfish, gastronomical cravings! I'll salt my food if I feel like it, but I'll be damned if I'll 'pass the salt' just because someone else wants some! Next thing, you'll be asking for the pepper. Jeez!!"

(Fun to watch the indignant responses to a simple request... :-) )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 03:05 pm:

Less filling, or tastes great?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 03:21 pm:

The indignant responses look to be the result of the O.P. bumping his own thread on 7 May with a touch of sarcasm and pushing an expectation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 06:35 pm:

I've even gotten a chastising phone call from him.... Hence, my previous post on this. Yes, I also saw the 'bump'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

I finally did break down and put my general location with my name. If you clic on my profile you can learn alot more important information about me as well. :>)

Hehe, makes me laugh when I see those satellite photos of houses. That is how I confirmed where my mothers car was after she died.It was supposedly "stolen". I looked up her live in boyfriends daughters address on Google earth and found it sitting in the back yard clear as day. Drove a 100 miles the next day and picked it up with a uhaul dolly. You should a seen their faces when I pulled up and ask for the keys to my mothers car. "How did you find us, it,uh,how?" Hehehe,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 07:35 am:

That pretty much covers it, Mack. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration