Auto Parts & Service

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Auto Parts & Service
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 01:59 pm:

Is anyone in the Wisconsin area familiar with the Auto Parts & Service store on North Ave., in downtown Milwaukee? My 1914 Touring was on display in that store for quite a while and I was hoping to find some information about it. I have a copy of a Wisconsin title from 1974 that names Auto Parts & Service Inc. as the owner of my car, but the name of the owner of the store is kind of hard to make out. It looks like Muhal G. Aund but I'm really not sure. If anyone out there can give me some more information I would greatly appreciate it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 02:28 pm:

That should be fairly easy to research - they are still in business.

Start out by giving them a call. Here is the website:

http://www.mrottopartz.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 11:07 am:

I was into that store many times during the 1990's. Auto Parts & Service was one of the wholesalers of basic shop supplies for new & used car dealers & repair shops in Southeast Wisconsin. They had a couple salespeople on the road full time that would come around and take orders every couple weeks. They also did a regular wholesale & retail aftermarket auto parts business. The car sat in the front room of the store with ropes around it. Looked like it hadn't run in decades but was complete and in a good looking original condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 02:28 pm:

Adam, how cool to know someone who actually saw my car when it was on display! Do you remember what year it was when you first saw it? I spoke with a former employee of the store who told me he remembered when the car first arrived at the store but couldn't remember where it came from. He thought it was in the mid to late 1960's.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration