Model 26 stewart speedo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model 26 stewart speedo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 02:34 pm:

I will try this again, Russ has said that stewart speedometer starting with D through K use the same internal parts. My question is are there any later stewart speedometer,s that use the same parts. We have a complete spare speedometer setup,drive, mounts, cable spare links and a speedometer that has a bad gear. Is there a speedometer guy out there? Our stewart speedometer is original and is still working good after 102 years

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 02:50 pm:

Russ is the best one to talk to. Suggest you call him for specifics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 04:33 pm:

I have a parts only Stew 26 C or D. What gear do you need?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

I have a Stewart Master speedometer. It came with a whole bunch of speedometer parts and a Sun drive/tester. It looks later than T times, has a dome like lens and is brass. Any ideas. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Leffler on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 06:55 pm:

Who is Russ? I also need some parts for a Stewart speadometer, reducer gear assembly and a cable assembly that leads to the speadometer unit inside

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 07:09 pm:

John Russ Furstnow WE have the book on speedometers he wrote and he is on the this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 07:11 pm:

See this thread for info on Russ:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/117313.html?1261584178

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 11:25 pm:

John,
If you have questions or need some specific speedometer parts, email me at 1stnow@msn.com and we can determine your needs.
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 07:22 pm:

Is there an exploded view of the model 26 stewart speedometer for 1912 I can't find anything not even advertising.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 07:42 pm:

Colin,
I have quite a bit of speedometer literature, and I have found very little on the 1912 Stewart speedometer. As far as a cut-away view or exploded view, I've never seen anything.

FYI, the 1912-1918 Stewart Model 26 is, conservatively, the most difficult and fragile of all the Stewart speedometers. Be very careful if you take your apart.
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 08:06 pm:

Thanks Russ Yes I agree.We have a parts speedometer that was given to us,which we play with first, it was used for parts and the gear we need has already been robbed from it. I would send it to get fixed but I don't trust the carriers. Thanks Colin

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration