Shocking!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Shocking!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 03:27 pm:

Putting Burd-Gilman shocks on all four corners of my gow-job.

These are the same snubbers as the original 26-7 snubbers, except they originally mounted right in the center and only used two (one front, one rear).

a

b

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 10:58 am:

Here's what it looked like before I put the shocks on. I'm trying to build what I imagine a kid would have done in the early 30's.

gow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 11:37 am:

Great project :-)
Model A 19" wheels? How much lowering do you get in the rear with the kinked spring ends?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

Roger, it looks like about 1 1/2" maybe 2". The wheels are 19" Chevrolet.

t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 02:11 pm:

Cool, Chevy had 6 bolts like wood T hubs, but I guess you still had to make adapters?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

Adapters for the rear - 1 1/2" aluminum plates with the bolts going all of the way through from the brake drum side. The lug nuts and wheels then clamp the whole mess together.

The fronts just use the Chevy hubs, which fit right onto a T spindle.

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 09:52 pm:

Tom, very nice!!! Did you bend the front axle? What's the head?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 12:47 am:

Yes, I bent the axle. The head is the Fronty with two intake ports.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 03:17 am:

Looks nice Tom!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:03 pm:

Tom, that is a choice head, not that I need to tell you that. I'm a little envious :-).

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration