1912 T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1912 T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 03:49 pm:

This might be a good fun tourer for someone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-BRASS-1912-ford-torpedo-model-t-roadster-/1 31393577463?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1e97aae1f7&item=131393577463&pt=US_Cars_Tru cks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 04:26 pm:

Wow! Since somebody posted the link on Facebook this morning the bidding has gone up by six grand. Black is wrong for 1912, and I'm not a big fan of "natural" spokes, but it is a very nice car. Maybe I have a bad attitude about advertising, but I'm always suspicious when they don't show what's under the hood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 04:37 pm:

If the bidding doesn't go too high, it could be a nice car for someone to get into brass touring with. It looks ratty enough to be fun to drive while still being respectable. The heavy oil smoke from the engine needs to be checked, though.

Only thing that bothers me is that the seller is not identified. No way to check if this is his first auction or 999th auction. But if I weren't on the wrong coast, I'd take a drive over to look. I like the '12 Torpedoes better than the 1911 models !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 05:29 pm:

Scott,
206-919-1949 is a cell phone in Seattle.The listed name is Howard Musolf. Does anyone know him ?
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 05:36 pm:

I think it is a forum member who goes by brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 05:55 pm:

brasscarguy it is. The Cobra and Ferrari in the background of one of the pics are a dead giveaway. :-)

Nice-looking Torpedo, though. And with a Ruckstell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 08:25 pm:

I did not know who "brass car guy" is. If he prefers to remain anonymous, that is okay by me. But Howard Musolf is very well known in the Horseless Carriage Club, and has been for many years. He is even a past national president. I do not know him personally, but his reputation is good as far as I have ever heard.

I need to look at the listing again. The car looked nice to me when I looked at the listing last night. The '11 and '12 torpedo roadsters are my favorite model Ts. I have always preferred the '11 myself. But in recent years, my favor seems to be shifting toward the '12. It doesn't really matter. I will never be able to buy one.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Dorholt - Mpls, MN on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 08:51 pm:

That's the one thing that bugs me about some of the other forums (and some on here) is that the ones with the most to say about everything hide behind some weird screen name.
Like he says, Just Saying!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 03:43 am:

Doesn't the number behind the name on the auction mean how many transactions the seller has on ebay? If so the number I see is 510. Click on that number to see the feedback for the seller. I did and saw nothing lately but positive comments.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 11:17 am:

>> Doesn't the number behind the name on the auction mean how many transactions the seller has on ebay?

Right. But here's the weird thing:

On the eBay listing that I see on my computer, there is NO NAME shown. So you're telling me that on your computer you see a lister name followed by a number. I don't see what at all. Strange. That's what prompted my comment.

Gosh darn, but I just don't understand all this new technology. Like four wheel brakes and electric starters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

Scott -- The seller's ebay username is shown as "candycay" and he has 510 positive feedbacks. So now that you know that about him, it's OK to go ahead and bid. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 08:15 pm:

He has one negative feedback from uselevi. uselevi has a lot of negative feed backs. my guess would be that Howard gave him a negative and he retaliated. this is an old post and ebay has fixed this problem.
I have a couple of questions.
Looking at the one picture of the engine, is it a 1912 engine?
When he says new fenders etc are they NOS or new reproduction. Is the rear end a 1912 ? What other parts are not 1912.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 07:58 am:

Sold for $26,100

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration