Split Rim Clamps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Split Rim Clamps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 09:15 pm:

I am giving my 1926 Aussie Geelong built T (Number A1020)a set of re-spoked wheels and new tyres to make it drivable...I have the split rims sand blasted and need to fix the broken and missing clamps. Is any one aware of a source of supply for these. I've checked Snyders and Langs and can't see a listing, but they may be called something else other than what I think they are.. after all we spell "tire" differently :-)
No doubt I can manufacture something , but would rather use a "proper" replacement as the old girl is original and unrestored and operational.The one surviving Split Rim lock Clamp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

Those are Canadian (or export) rims unlike our U.S. split rim latches. I've repaired the broken segments using a heavy duty cabinet hinge.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration